No announcement yet.

Alexander vs Ortiz Who You Got

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got alexander in this one

he looked pretty good against maidana at 147. he was turning the corner and his punches looked pretty sharp.

ortiz would have issues with his style. if he cant hurt him he'd have trouble winning rounds

Comment

Devon by decision. Ortiz will have to box a full 10 rounds.

Comment

I think Ortiz wins, the same flaws with Alexander that were there at 140 are still there at 147 IMO. Alexander did look like a filled out 147 pounder in his last fight and he seemed to have more in the gas tank because he doesn't have to make 140. But his head still doesn't move all that much and he doesn't throw too many combinations. I think aggressive guys with good technique will still give Alexander a lot of problems, Maidana had the aggressive part down but like I said before the fight, he isn't technically good enough to get to Alexander on a consistent basis. Ortiz throws straight(er) shots, has proven power at 147 and is pretty fast with his hands.

That isn't to say it won't be a competitive fight because Alexander's skills will pose problems for Ortiz but I still think Ortiz would win. Maybe even by stoppage.

Comment

Ortiz by KO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I say Alexander because he looks strong at 147 plus he will just tie Ortiz up like he did Maidana and move to the side after the clinch...Ortiz will lose a decision.

remember, Alexander is a Don King fighter....he WILL ALWAYS win if it goes to the cards.
            Dude, for the 1000th time ALEXANDER IS UNDER GOLDEN BOY NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
              Dude, for the 1000th time ALEXANDER IS UNDER GOLDEN BOY NOW!
              How long is Alexander signed to GBP for??Do you know??
              Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 06-15-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Bump Thread...

Comment

ortiz ko inside of 7

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                    ortiz ko inside of 7
                    I don't know about KO..Ortiz has not KO'd anyone of note at WW..He could not even KO Berto who was there all night to be knockout...I doubt Ortiz wins by ko,although he has a very good chance of winning..

Comment

Alexander would outbox Ortiz every round.

Comment

Working...
                      X