No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being honest...

I know how good Nonito Donaire is, I've been a big fan ever since the world expected Vic Darchinyan to flatten him.

I know Donaire is bigger & Narvarez is a very short, compact fighter but I am interested as to thinking does anybody think Narvarez might be being a little bit underestimated?

Imo the odds are flattering Nonito a lot, 9/1 at best
    Donaire also weighed in at 116?

Narvarez was an outstanding amateur, he is 35-0, two weight world champion & beaten a lot of very useful guys. I also believe he's never been down in his entire career.

Add to the mix he is also a southpaw, that is problems for anybody including Nonito.
    Nonito to my recognition has only faced two southpaws - Vic Darchinyan & Hernandez = Two brawlers that almost totally neglect defence lol

Comment

If someone can figure out styles it is no other than Donaire. He will have no problem breaking down Narvaez.

Comment

[wow] nonito donaire now weighs 131lbs after the weigh in

Yep, 131lbs n I still have breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow before I fight! Totally amped and thanks to my... http://fb.me/1kQNKgLbO

http://twitter.com/#!/filipinoflash

wow whats he gona weight tonight lol hope hbo weigh both of them again

Comment

And people try to say he isn't an American...the guy tweets like 13 year old girls text...not to mention he tried out for the US Olympic team years ago.

Comment

Yea i commented on someones thread about that. Thats crazy. Another Gatti/Gamache type fight maybe? that be crazy if he weighed more then the lightweight limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
              And people try to say he isn't an American...the guy tweets like 13 year old girls text...not to mention he tried out for the US Olympic team years ago.
              Did he actually try out? And what happened?

Comment

So basically come the fight he will be maybe 5 weight divisions higher than Narvarez, lol.

Comment

I know people will say "well if he can make the weight" but fuk that. He's obviously a JBW if not a FW and he can get good paydays there.

Is he still hoping for Mares, Agbeko, Darchinyan or what, why doesn't he move up?

Comment

Just reinforces my point about him picking on smaller guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
                      What I don't get is why you people try to say he's not Filipino when that's obviously the fan base that's going to get him big? Americans into the bantamweight division? Please.

Comment

Working...
                      X