No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
    Did he actually try out? And what happened?
    I think Brian Viloria actually beat him out for the spot on the team...this is only things I have read on here and other sites though, so it could just be bs.

Here is from Brian Viloria's wikipedia page:

He went to Northern Michigan University as part of the United States Olympic Education Center. Viloria bested both Glenn Donaire in the quarter-finals, and future world champion Nonito Donaire in the semi-finals of the 2000 US Olympic Trials. Won a spot on the 2000 Olympic Team by defeating his one time Team mate, Karoz Norman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
      What I don't get is why you people try to say he's not Filipino when that's obviously the fan base that's going to get him big? Americans into the bantamweight division? Please.
      yours and eveywhere's post are completely irrelevant to this thread, stop trying to start some nationalistic trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlad View Post
        yours and eveywhere's post are completely irrelevant to this thread, stop trying to start some nationalistic trolling.
        It was transplanted from a different thread, yeah it does really look out of place here...but you're the troll here, so hush.

Comment

• whatever man, just trying to follow the new rules.

Comment

• Nonito still has to prove what a great boxer he is so let's see.

Comment

• Travis Walker just took a terrible beating from Pulev who didn't have the punch to take him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Travis Walker just took a terrible beating from Pulev who didn't have the punch to take him out.
                Steve Bunce made me laugh for once with his comments after that fight.

Something along the lines of "there's this opinion on the internet forums that for boxers to move their heads they have to train in American gyms, well Walker has been in American gyms for 15-20 years and the only time he moved his head was when he moved it towards the punches"

Comment

• Britsch looking very average so far against Lyell.

Comment

• Some terrible judging in Germany once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      Britsch looking very average so far against Lyell.
                      Gotttdamn, 117-111? fight was much closer than that

Comment

Working...
                      X