Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choose 1 ATG to punish FMJ brutally that you trust would get the job done guaranteed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duran @ 135 would have little chance

i remember seeing him get out boxed by multiple guys at that weight......

people that are picking duran have no idea about a 135 duran & are picking him based on hopping on the band wagon.

look at the Ray Lampkin film........mayweather would pot shot & outbox duran to shreds at that weight.

Last edited by americanbot; 10-21-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      How would you explain it? I'm curious because I tend to agree with this.
      Because Leonard fought how he always fought in the first Duran fight. He was simply beaten and outboxed by the better man on the night.

Leonard "Not fighting his fight" is a myth, and the epitome of it.

Both were close fights, Leonard was not dominating Duran at the time the fight was stopped. Another myth.

How could Ray Leonard have fought 'his fight' the first time? Be defensive? Pot shot his way to victory? Constantly move?

Newsflash; That's not how Ray Leonard fought.

Leonard was the kind fo fighter who would rip 10 punch combinations and loved to mix it up.

Like I said, Leonard fighting Duran's fight the first time and not the second being the reason why he lost the first then won the second is an utter myth. And completely incorrect and would only be sai by someone who;

1. Hasn't seen their fights.
      2. Didn't follow their careers.
      3. Has no clue what they're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Because Leonard fought how he always fought in the first Duran fight. He was simply beaten and outboxed by the better man on the night.

Leonard "Not fighting his fight" is a myth, and the epitome of it.

Both were close fights, Leonard was not dominating Duran at the time the fight was stopped. Another myth.

How could Ray Leonard have fought 'his fight' the first time? Be defensive? Pot shot his way to victory? Constantly move?

Newsflash; That's not how Ray Leonard fought.

Leonard was the kind fo fighter who would rip 10 punch combinations and loved to mix it up.

Like I said, Leonard fighting Duran's fight the first time and not the second being the reason why he lost the first then won the second is an utter myth. And completely incorrect and would only be sai by someone who;

1. Hasn't seen their fights.
        2. Didn't follow their careers.
        3. Has no clue what they're talking about.
        I don't think SRL fought a smart fight the 1st fight. He has the skills and tools to outbox duran. Cant disagree with how ray fought but I think it cost him a loss to an inferior fighter.

What would you say changed in the 2nd fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          I don't think SRL fought a smart fight the 1st fight. He has the skills and tools to outbox duran. Cant disagree with how ray fought but I think it cost him a loss to an inferior fighter.

What would you say changed in the 2nd fight?
          He fought how he always fought in the first fight. Whether that were smart to do against Duran or not.

And Duran has the skills and tools to outbox Leonard. He proved it.

What changed? Not all that much. It was a close fight just like the first one when Duran refused to continue.

Comment

• my thougts exactly..

Comment

He fought how he always fought in the first fight. Whether that were smart to do against Duran or not.

What changed? Not all that much. It was a close fight just like the first one when Duran refused to continue.
              I don't doubt duran has skills but SRL lost to an inferior opponent. He could have avoided losing by fighting a smarter fight. He shouldn't have lost to Duran.

I obviously feel different but thanks for responding.

Comment

thats wrong..........durans shots were hitting the target a lot more vs in their 2nd fight. duran was hitting leonard with crisp clean combinations in the 1st bout. not so much in the 2nd bout.........leonard had a better stick & move gameplan in the 2nd fight & it frustrated duran to bits. even though both duran & leonard was out of prime the 3rd fight told a telling story of the styles. in the 3rd fight duran couldn't do anything with leonard because leonard came in with that same stick & move style from the 2nd bout..........

Comment

Duran didn't outbox Leonard, he beat him at in fighting. Duran forced Leonard to fight at his pace and make it a dog fight. When Leonard decided to box Duran in their rematch he made it look easy. Mayweather vs. Duran at 135 is a tough call. If they box its all Mayweather, if they **** its all Duran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    Duran didn't outbox Leonard, he beat him at in fighting. Duran forced Leonard to fight at his pace and make it a dog fight. When Leonard decided to box Duran in their rematch he made it look easy. Mayweather vs. Duran at 135 is a tough call. If they box its all Mayweather, if they **** its all Duran.
                    He beat him on the inside and the outside.

He did outbox him. He beat him to the punch with timing, skills and ability. Which ultimately won him the fight.

Duran didn't force Leonard to do anything. Fight at Durans pace? So what was Leonard's pace? Leonard fought at the same pace as Duran most of the time. Leonard wasn't the kind of fighter to back down from a good scrap. Duran came to fight and Leonard as usual happily obliged.

Made it look easy? It was a close fight at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                      He did not beat Duran easy in the second fight. It was close when Duran quit. Just because Leonard did some fancy bolo punches and a lot of taunting doesn't mean he was winning easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X