Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choose 1 ATG to punish FMJ brutally that you trust would get the job done guaranteed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manos De Piedra Duran

Hawk Pryor

El Gran Campeon Julio Cesar Chavez

Comment

• im not sold on Hearns beating Floyd @ 147 since Sugar Ray was able to stop Hearns. Duran @ 135 would have been a great fight but again not 100% that Duran wins. im going to go out on a limb and say a prime Kostya Tszyu @ 140 would have been interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        Bless you! Ha ha. Mankind must have come along way in 30 years!!! I'm surprised you aren't impressed that Hearns and Duran were able to fight on two legs instead of all fours!!!

I'll never look at Raquel Welch the same way again seeing as she is that much closer in evolutionary terms to our ape ancestors!!!

Believe me, at welterweight there was precious difference in handspeed between Hearns and Mayweather. The sport really has not evolved much in the last half century to my eyes.
        its a tough comparison, but athletes today have more advantages as far as getting into fighting shape. nutritional benefits being the main advantage. still, boxing is not football, and the basic fundamentals are still the same.

all of the ATG's would have a chance to beat Floyd. best way to do this is to get Deadliest Warrior to break these fighters down. I for one think Floyd is the best pure boxer i have ever seen, and would hesitate to bet against the man. i do not hate him like most do.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          People keep saying Duran at 135. Have you actually..............seen Floyd at 135? He was ridiculously fast, had KO power and was near his prime if not fully in it. Duran-Floyd at 35 is a PICKEM fight. Simple as that.
          I saw someone give Floyd two competitive fights at 135 that Duran does everything better than. Also, Floyd doesn't have KO power against Roberto Duran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
            its a tough comparison, but athletes today have more advantages as far as getting into fighting shape. nutritional benefits being the main advantage. still, boxing is not football, and the basic fundamentals are still the same.

all of the ATG's would have a chance to beat Floyd. best way to do this is to get Deadliest Warrior to break these fighters down. I for one think Floyd is the best pure boxer i have ever seen, and would hesitate to bet against the man. i do not hate him like most do.
            only pac, among the atgs is presently in a position to do what the thread topic is all about...

guaranteed? most likely it is pac who can do it...

fights with other atgs will only be fantasy match ups...

better be realistic, even just for me

Comment

im not sold on Hearns beating Floyd @ 147 since Sugar Ray was able to stop Hearns. Duran @ 135 would have been a great fight but again not 100% that Duran wins. im going to go out on a limb and say a prime Kostya Tszyu @ 140 would have been interesting.
              How does Leonard stopping Hearns make any difference towards Floyd's chances? They don't fight alike, or hold the same advantages over Hearns, or have the same physical attributes, so what's the connection?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I saw someone give Floyd two competitive fights at 135 that Duran does everything better than. Also, Floyd doesn't have KO power against Roberto Duran.
                I have absolutely problems whatsoever with you saying Duran would beat Floyd. I am just saying Duran isn't doing any "punishing" to a 135 Floyd Mayweather who was an unadulterated BEAST at that weight. I could see either one winning that bout without any sort of suprise.

Comment

• duran, hearn, leonard and other atg's are not the same fighter as corales, castillo, judah, heck baldomir HECK not even close that floyd beaten

the question should be who did floyd beat that made u guys think he can beat the TOP ATG's in boxing? gatti?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    I have absolutely problems whatsoever with you saying Duran would beat Floyd. I am just saying Duran isn't doing any "punishing" to a 135 Floyd Mayweather who was an unadulterated BEAST at that weight. I could see either one winning that bout without any sort of suprise.
                    I don't know man. I certainly am not as confident as I am that Hearns beats Floyd's ass, because that's a stylistic and physical nightmare for Floyd, but Duran does so many things great that Floyd had problems with at 135. I can see why others would think Duran punishes Floyd, even if it's obviously understandable from your point of view too. I don't think Floyd would get dominated by Duran, but win or lose he would take some punishment I think.

Comment

im not sold on Hearns beating Floyd @ 147 since Sugar Ray was able to stop Hearns. Duran @ 135 would have been a great fight but again not 100% that Duran wins. im going to go out on a limb and say a prime Kostya Tszyu @ 140 would have been interesting.
                      Floyds chin is not equal to srl' chin. Srl went toe to toe with hearns, not to mention with duran and hagler. Floyd, not so much.

Now way floyd makes it thru that.

Comment

Working...
                      X