Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Stops Hopkins, Freak Ending in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to back ****, screwjob main events...

Comment

• Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      hahahah so doing pushups during abreak means your not a *****?

LOL. . hopkins always pulls **** like this. . calzaghe, jones II, and it finally backfired on his hoe ass. . . TKO!! hahah
      Did Jones not hit him in the back of the head? Did Calzaghe not hit him with an illegal nut punch? I must be missing something here. And plus he kept fighting in those matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
        If it wasn't illegal, then wtf was it !?

It sure wasn't a Legal movie.

It's a weird scenario alright, but bottom line is the Referee messed up.

In Boxing rules, it's actually impossible for a TKO to be given in that situation, unless the Referee saw a Dawson land a punch that none of the camera's picked up ...
        so ducking your shoulder down to get the person riding around on top of you off is an illegal move?
        Now Ive heard it all.

thats like saying when a guy misses a punch and tears his rotator cuff its the opponents fault for illegally moving out of the way of the punch. just silly.

Comment

• I agree with Kellerman Hopkins won the 1st rd.

Compubox stats: Hopkins 5/13 Dawson 5/31

and up to the stoppage I had Hop winning rd 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            I agree, nobody is arguing for a DQ. Dawson didn't do anything wrong in the situation, but he is responsible for Hopkins getting injured.

The obvious conclusion is a NC, same thing that happens with every accidental injury before 4 rounds have elapsed.
            Nobody outside of Dawson and Hopkins care about the decision. People wanted to see a fight. They could care less whether it was NC or a win for Dawson. Hopkins and Dawson care, but the people who paid good money to watch this fight were cheated because they did not see the fight they paid for.

I understand that injuries happen, but I've seen Hopkins fight since the 90's and he does have some history with being dirty and complaining.

I can;t know for sure if Hopkins was hurt, maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but if he wanted to continue he shouldn't have milked it. He should have just gotten up and kept fighting.

Also Karma can be a *****. Hopkins is known to be dirty, Hopkins has done a lot worse things than pushing off when someone's on your back.

Ive seen Hopkins go low about 200 times, I've seen Hopkins use his head, I've seen hopkins hit after the break. Hopkins has more of a history than Dawson for being dirty. I've never seen Dawson be dirty.
            Last edited by LAFIRPO; 10-16-2011, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
              You do realize that was in Australia. What do they know besides Kangaroo ***ing?

This is a different Athletic Commission and it's in America. Things can and will get overturned.
              Did you know that the title sanctioning body in which was at stake(IBO) was to whom the appeal was submitted to? Oh, and by the way, they are not an Australian organization smart guy. (USA)

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                Did Jones not hit him in the back of the head? Did Calzaghe not hit him with an illegal nut punch? I must be missing something here. And plus he kept fighting in those matches.
                Problem is he stayed down for like 10 minutes each in both of those situations.

He's done it numerous times in his career when it's frankly unecessary.

This is a warrior's sport and I'm sure Bernard Hopkins agree's with that so why he stays down milking injuries like that is beyond me.

And he did the same thing tonight, for whatever strange reason stayed down milking an injury that I imagine was not that bad.

Of course I will retract this statment on tonights fight if it turns out he tore his sholder but the likelyhood is the injury is very minor.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                  Yeah, and it's funny that hese B-Hop lovers are claiming foul.

Hopkins is the dirtiest fighter in boxing for the past 15 years. And B-Hop are calling foul. Isn't that funny.

I remember watching Hopkins punch Keith Holms leg about 50 times. I've never seen a fighter punch another mans thigh that much. Oh, but for B-Hop fans all this is legal. But when someone pushes Hopkins off their back, HOPKINS WAS BODY SLAMMED>

Get out of here.
                  It's not about being dirty, you low IQ'd dimwit.

It's about THE LEGAL PROCESS OF IT ALL. What the ref doesn't see, doesn't count. Nobody is crying foul, we're talking about whether it should be NC or a TKO loss, after only 2 rounds, and no punch having occurred.

Either way, this will get overturned. Goldenboy does have pull with California Athletic Commission and their board members.

Comment

• Well, I feel like I should put my input. I can't imagine anyone really being happy with the result. Not enough happened to really know who was gonna win, even though I picked Dawson. That ***** just ****** to be honest. I may have won some bets, but I'm not happy about it. If it gets overturned, I will be sure to return the points.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                      I agree with Kellerman Hopkins won the 1st rd.

Compubox stats: Hopkins 5/13 Dawson 5/31

and up to the stoppage I had Hop winning rd 2.
                      Hopkins winning round 2? Hopkins didn't do **** in round 2 expect push Dawson down and than groped him to death which led to Dawson slamming Hopkins on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                      X