Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact is.

It should be a NC.

BHop quit.

Chad won.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      No, really. Depending on the circumstance. If there is no foul and a fighter is unable to continue cuz' of an injury. Then there it can be a TKO lose, and there would be no need to count.
      So an accidental clash of heads results in a NC, but being thrown to the canvas deliberately does not? Where is the logic in that; this sport sickens me at times.

Comment

• Fact is, Hopkins had it coming for over clinching. He didn't even clinched, he JUMPED on Dawsons back like a biotch. And he got thrown down like the biotch he is. So happy that they stripped the title from dirty garbage don't know how to fight clinch and headbutt my way to a win Hopkins. Dawson deserves it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          Man I told all you clowns that Dawson was too much for Hopkins.
          You all let the Pascal loss warp your minds. Dawson was hurt during the Pascal fight and in the rematch you will see what a health Chad will do to the nervous Pascal.
          Did you watch the fight or did you just see that Dawson won by TKO? Absolutely nothing in this fight showed that Dawson was too much for Hopkins and if you think so you 1. are an idiot and 2. know nothing about boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
            You guys are idiots.

Whether Hopkins hurt himself or not is irrelevant.

The point is, the Decision makes absolute no sense whatsoever .

A TKO cant be given after a take down like that.
            Only a TD, DQ or a No Contest.

He cant give a TD since it had not reached 4 rounds.
            Nor a DQ because idiot referee didnt tell Dawson off.

So it had to be a NC.

A TKO makes no sense in this scenario.

thats what i cant work out
            It does make sense. If a fighter can't continue because of an injury where there was no foul. Then a TKO can happen.

Since the ref(whether right or wrong) judged that no foul occurred, the a TKO can very well stand. No if the ref would have judged that a foul did happen whether intentionally or accidental. Then you would be right that would it make sense.

Comment

• Should be changed to a NC but I don't even care if there's a rematch....

Comment

• After watching this shit it really made me appreciate the actual warriors of the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                  Man I told all you clowns that Dawson was too much for Hopkins.
                  You all let the Pascal loss warp your minds. Dawson was hurt during the Pascal fight and in the rematch you will see what a health Chad will do to the nervous Pascal.
                  you act like a fight actually happened. I don't think there was enough there to really brag either way. A round and a half doesn't mean anything. Hopkins always comes on late in most of his fights.

Comment

• If hopkins wanted to continue like he said he would, he woulda gotten up

You dont sqiurm for 4 min like that an expect the ref to allow it to continue

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X