Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really.

Comment

• the rematch will not happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
        yeah, wear elbow pads
        lol..

on a real i think he learned a few things.

1. no matter how much dawson says he wont fight at hopkins' pace he probably will. he did against pascal and he was doing it for 2 rounds against hopkins, hes a safety first fighter and doesnt let his hands go unless hes in complete control.

2. dawson will give up his height at times.

3. he got a real taste of dawsons speed and maybe even his power.

4. dawson has a rep for being a pure boxer and a stylist and ppl assume he isnt a rough and mean dude, but he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          Hopkins being the strategist and student of the game that he is,

do you think he picked up on anything in those 2 rounds against Dawson

that could help him in a 2nd fight?
          I don't believe so, neither man had stepped out of 1st gear by the time it was over.

All he will have seen is what he would have known in advance; Dawson has a very good jab.

Comment

• Gonna leave this up for a few days as more news/developments keep coming in on it.

Comment

• Why the ref didn't called the KD in round 2??? It was a clear KD

Comment

• Originally posted by coufsax View Post
                Why the ref didn't called the KD in round 2??? It was a clear KD
                I didn't think that was a knockdown, it looked more like a slip/push down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Nope, the rematch needs to happen though.

why?

bernard was either faking and able to continue boxing or he was seriously injured in the shoulder at 46 years old

for a pro boxer that's the end of a career

either way i doubt anyone will persue this fight
                  no way the ppv sells.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaos View Post
                    Fight like a man and don't rely on the ref for a gift point or DQ/NC
                    so pulling a football move in boxing is fighting like a man? gtfo

Comment

• Seriously, why are people criticizing Dawson for throwing Hopkins off of him so badly, when Hopkins started it? He spent the first two rounds pulling all the headbutting and clinching and pulling down tactics he could get away with.

If a fighter lays down the gauntlet that way, I applaud the other fighter for not letting it slide. I didn't realize Bernard Hopkins is the only one allowed to fight dirty. Poor old man, someone actually retaliated towards his bullcrap.

Comment

Working...
                      X