Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crillz View Post
    I'm more worried about Hopkins stopping Dawson to be honest, I don't think Chad is mentally ready for the frustrating things he's going to have to endure with Bernard, Hopkins will surely rough house him and play dirty. we must not forget also that Tarver and Johnson had their good points in there against Dawson, Hopkins IMO will surely win this fight and I'm betting real money on it too
    Let's not forget that Dawson was frustrated and outboxed by Pascal for the most part.

I am still shaking my head as to how Dawson let that fight get away from him...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      if he knew that going into the fight why did he take it? he could have made up some excuse, dropped the belt(s) and moved to cruiserweight and fought a lesser opponent. Or he could have retired.

Maybe you're right that hopkins will get beat, but I'm positive hopkins is going into the fight thinking he can win. It's not like this is some massive payday he's getting here and he's just showing up to collect a paycheck like Joshua Clottey or whomever, this is pride and a chance to become the oldest fighter ever to win Fighter of the Year.
      because he's under contract to fight him. He has no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        if he dropped the belts or retired the contract would have been void.

Comment

He could've just dropped the WBC belt man and kept the Ring belt and moved on...he DIDNT HAVE TO TAKE THIS FIGHT AT ALL

Comment

Give credit where it's due,this should be a great fight,sit back and enjoy......whats the problem?

Comment

Your on ****in drugs boy. Theirs nothing dawson can throw that will make hopkins do anything but laugh. He could do a jermain taylor and outjab him for a decision since he is big as **** but if anybodys cryin' uncle its Popkins. He's still a beast!

Comment

Ah, you've got a point there. When Hopkins signed for the rematch, there was a clause in there stating that the winner would have to fight Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  if he dropped the belts or retired the contract would have been void.
                  Hopkins is fighting for money at this point. Don't let him fool you. If he dropped the belt who does he fight? Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    He could've just dropped the WBC belt man and kept the Ring belt and moved on...he DIDNT HAVE TO TAKE THIS FIGHT AT ALL
                    Move on too who? All that would have done is prove he truly is scared of Dawson. He ducked him in the past.

Comment

Hopkins is fighting for money at this point. Don't let him fool you. If he dropped the belt who does he fight? Let me know.
                      Nathan Cleverly, Marco Huck, Denis Lebedev, James Toney, Tarver, who knows but fighting Dawson didn't have to happen.

Give him some credit man, not too many people have done what hopkins has done post 40.

Comment

Working...
                      X