Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling they won't show the fight in my area

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      Well you just owned yourself then..cause he didnt drop the belts,he didnt move up.HE'S FIGHTING DAWSON TONIGHT.SO WHY YOU MAD?
      I think Hopkins is going to try to win using Pascal's blueprint vs. Dawson. Controlled spurts of action and back on the defensive. Chad has yet to show us he can fight going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Wasn't there a contractual obligation to fight Dawson after Hopkins was able to secure an immediate rematch against Pascal after their draw?

Dawson and Pascal were supposed to have their rematch after the draw but Hopkins made a powerplay and then was obligated to fight Dawson as part of the deal.
        No, there wasn't. Prior to even the FIRST Pascal fight Hopkins said what his plans were. he said before he goes out, he wants Dawson and Bute after Pascal. Why does it matter when or why he's fighting a fighter, at least he's fighting him! If anything I'd say it was a bigger risk taking the Pascal fight after he beat Dawson, but he gets no credit for that.. and then he fights the kid again and follows it up with Dawson. You guys aren't making any sense. So what if he waietd until Dawson lost.. Hopkins has lost several times in his career, i'm sure he knows what it's like to lsoe and then want to come back 10x better.

if anything he realizes THIS dawson is more motivated than the Dawson who initially called him out, THIS is a tougher task.

He beat the man who beat him, and then goes on to fight him anyway. What more do you goons want.

Comment

As a boxing fan why can't you just enjoy the fight??are you implying a older Hopkins now has an advantage?

Comment

Dawson had like 14 fans at the time and now that hopkins has recreated his marketability he is a big enough draw to get the money he has been asking for.

Comment

The past is irrelevant. Dawson's time is now. He needs grab a hold of it, a better opportunity will never present itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                As a boxing fan why can't you just enjoy the fight??are you implying a older Hopkins now has an advantage?
                Hopkins clearly waited until dawson got old

Comment

this is bernard hopkins we're talking about. not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Hopkins clearly waited until dawson got old
                    No, but you can say he waited until he got "exposed".

Comment

That would give me a boner.

Comment

Working...
                      X