Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more worried about Hopkins stopping Dawson to be honest, I don't think Chad is mentally ready for the frustrating things he's going to have to endure with Bernard, Hopkins will surely rough house him and play dirty. we must not forget also that Tarver and Johnson had their good points in there against Dawson, Hopkins IMO will surely win this fight and I'm betting real money on it too

Comment

I don't but it would be awesome if it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Eg714 View Post
        Yes. Every time Hopkins fights from here on out he is a underdog to me. I know he has a lot of boxing skills but his age has to catch up with him eventually. I really want him to pull out the W but he does get caught a lot. Chad D is a big guy and if Hopkins is not careful he can get K.O.Ed
        Perfect post. I fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          That is something dead money would say, not smart money~
          putting money on 8/1 ods that the much bigger, younger, faster, stronger Dawson is gonna stop the 47 year old Hopkins is smartmoney IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SmartMoney View Post
            putting money on 8/1 ods that the much bigger, younger, faster, stronger Dawson is gonna stop the 47 year old Hopkins is smartmoney IMO
            8 to 1 on a 100 to 1 shot is dead money~ a losing bet is a losing bet no matter the odds, seeing big numbers and not being wowed by them is a sign of smart money~

I think Dawson will win but stoppage is a poor bet.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartMoney View Post
              the real smart money would be to pick Bernard by Decision, safest bet

Comment

not gonna happen bro soz

Comment

Look for Hopkins to weasel out...Dawson will stop him

Hopkins will try every dirty trick in the book..headbutts, phantom low blows, etc...Hopkins knows he offers nothing to beat Dawson.

Comment

You don't really believe that now do you?

Comment

if he knew that going into the fight why did he take it? he could have made up some excuse, dropped the belt(s) and moved to cruiserweight and fought a lesser opponent. Or he could have retired.

Maybe you're right that hopkins will get beat, but I'm positive hopkins is going into the fight thinking he can win. It's not like this is some massive payday he's getting here and he's just showing up to collect a paycheck like Joshua Clottey or whomever, this is pride and a chance to become the oldest fighter ever to win Fighter of the Year.

Comment

Working...
                      X