Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that Pat Russell's TKO ruling was justified and would be upheld upon further review. In addition, I believe that it was the right call to make at the time. There were two fouls committed in that sequence. The first by Bernard for hanging on Chad's neck and the second was by Dawson for dropping him to the canvass. Therefore, those two fouls cancel each other out; Making it a clean maneuver and it doesn't matter if he was injured or not. This is why he couldn't take action in favor of either of them in terms of assessing penalties because both boxers were equally to blame in that sequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      And that's exactly what Hopkins wanted. He wanted an NC, keep the titles, and not fight Dawson again. But it didn't happen. Luckily for him GBP is not only powerful enough to bribe doctors in to giving fake reports, GBP can also overturn the decision to an NC and Hopkins keeps his belts and doesn't fight Dawson again. Nicely planned out by Team Hopkins and GBP.
      I totally agree

Comment

• Originally posted by game20ver View Post
        Isn't that his job? If he felt Bernard was faking, & Dawson committed no foul, isn't it still his to job give Bernard every opportunity to continue the bout? Especially when you know it's a ppv.
        Exactly why children should be seen and not heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Bernards face told the whole story. He did not look like a man who was genuinely hurt, the facial expression he showed looked forced out, like an amateur actor. WWE wrestlers make better facial expressions than that and can sell an injury better than that, and people still know it's fake, but pro wrestlers have to take acting classes though. Which Hopkins is clearly in need of for his next cop out.

Lol...I'll use an example of what I did when the opportunity presented itself. I used to run track and football(tb) in HS. There were some track meets where the coach would look for you and make you run a race you weren't originally meant to be in. Me in particular, I specialized in the 100 and 200m; no big deal there, but in big track meets there'd me relays and what not in addition to running that 100m relay thru 400m. So one of the championship meets, my main coach came up to me and was like "how do you feel about running a 400m"? I look around like "damn coach I just ran 3 races and qualified in the top 3, basically trying to make him take pity on me and go get somebody else. I looked for a way out cause I could, I'd already established myself by being one of the fastest people on the team and once you have that rep you can get away with more if you play it right. Hopkins has already established himself, he knew he was in for a tough fight, Dawson looked sharper(like he's supposed to being the younger guy), the opportunity presented itself and Bhop bailed. He knew he could get away with it being old and all. He also knew the blame wouldn't be on him 100% cause if anyone watching knows nothing, they know he's in his mid 40s, so they're more inclined to believe that he's really hurt. Even if he was, honestly get your ass off the canvas dude, we don't need you to be taking all that time writhing in pain, your shoulder shouldn't prevent you from bouncing up to your feet. Fck him man, can't stand **** that brings fights to a crawl.

Comment

• Originally posted by DE100 View Post
            I guess the Ref remembered Hollywood Hopkins other Masterful Oscar performances in the past..

2:40

0:55 & 3:20

2:50

2:40

forgot all about the echols fight, exact same scenerio, messed up shoulder suppossedly

Comment

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              LOL you're a ret@rd
              I am not the one here trying to look for a knock down that didnt happen... Sorry but Flopkins = Quitter

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                the ref actually asked hopkins if he could continue and hopkins said, "with one arm, yes"
                Then why didnt he get his ass up? even had his shoulder been really hurt, it doesnt prevent you from getting back to your feet, and lets look back at the Echoles fight in which he was slammed down harder to the canvas he got up and fought on.
                The reason Hopkins didnt get up is because he did not have control in that fight the jab alone from Dawson was winning him the fight it was easy for Chad.... Hopkins looked his age and found the nearest exit door to get out of the fight.

its not a foul on Chads part, Hopkins was leaning on Chad, and that is a foul... so its Hopkins who was fouling and not Chad...

Comment

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                  Then why didnt he get his ass up? even had his shoulder been really hurt, it doesnt prevent you from getting back to your feet, and lets look back at the Echoles fight in which he was slammed down harder to the canvas he got up and fought on.
                  The reason Hopkins didnt get up is because he did not have control in that fight the jab alone from Dawson was winning him the fight it was easy for Chad.... Hopkins looked his age and found the nearest exit door to get out of the fight.

its not a foul on Chads part, Hopkins was leaning on Chad, and that is a foul... so its Hopkins who was fouling and not Chad...
                  Neither fighter established themselves to a point where someone was completely out of it, hardly any punches was landed from both. Chad was clearly winning solely on activity, but there was still 10 more rounds to go; alot of boxing left.

Comment

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post

you could have a point if chad dawson landed more than 5 total punches out of 34 thrown or something like that. It was 1.5 rounds, man. Anything could have happened.

I agree hopkins should have got up quicker though, but like I said I don't think he was aware what was going on and that the ref was going to stop the fight.

At the end of the day, any which way you look at it, who's right, who's wrong, who fuucked up, etc., this is a No Contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.J. II View Post

White guy on the left is like "Bitch please..."
                      and farther out naazim is like.."dang... my boy's overdoing it, nobody'll believe that sheeet now....

Comment

Working...
                      X