Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its hard to tell if it was fake or not. Bernard is known for that though

Comment

• Regardless the fight will be declared a No Contest and Hopkins will get his belts.

It was a bad and unfortunate ending for us fans I know this. However boxing rules are boxing rules, and a foul outside of the parameters of boxing stopped the fight, the ref himself looked scared as if he wet the bed last night as he scurried away. The fight will be considered a no contest in a few days, and we hopefully see this fight in early 2012 on regular HBO, hopefully with a kenny bayless tony weeks type of referee officiating the action.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
        It was a bad and unfortunate ending for us fans I know this. However boxing rules are boxing rules, and a foul outside of the parameters of boxing stopped the fight, the ref himself looked scared as if he wet the bed last night as he scurried away. The fight will be considered a no contest in a few days, and we hopefully see this fight in early 2012 on regular HBO, hopefully with a kenny bayless tony weeks type of referee officiating the action.
        Yeah it didn't go to the required rounds to be a decision and it was not a tko.

I don't know why they didn't call a foul on Dawson for that.

Comment

• I think it was a TKO. Bernard couldn't continue, end of story

Comment

• NC...This isn't the UFC...

Comment

• NC, end of story.

Comment

• Defo a NC! Come on man that ain't no TKO that's ridiculous.

Comment

• Hopkins should retire

I know it was only a couple rounds last night, but Hopkins didn't look like nearly the same guy who beat Pascal earlier this year. I respect what Hopkins has done in the ring, but I just feel like he could have continued in the fight.

Hopkins would basically lead with a straight right that would miss, and than attempt to wrestle with Dawson. Hopkins looked old, slow, and unable to do what he did in the Pascal fight. I don't think Dawson is all that great either, and he'll be beat again as well.

Does anyone else think Hopkins looked pretty bad those couple rounds?

Comment

• honestly??? he looked like how he has started fights pretty much his whole career...he starts slow..he gets the feel of the other guy...he adapts..then fights on....i didnt see anyting outta the norm from what he's always done

Comment

• I just wish Bhop could have continued

Comment

Working...
                      X