Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just now woke up.... i was pissed off that i fell asleep, the last thing i remember was the danny garcia fight and me tellin myself that i need to make it. then i wake up after it was over to read this garbage? geuss im glad i fell asleep!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Did the ref make it clear that if he can't continue, the fight will result in a TKO loss?

That's enough encouragement to keep fighting. Some refs are sneaky and want to make it a quick job. Like that Lawrence Cole guy, who advised a fighter that he will win the fight if he decides that he cannot continue.
      Point is that you get up! He gave him a very long time to get up, but no he didnt

And the ref shouldnt have to say anything to you! You get up because you want to!, not becUSE THE ref will let you keep the titles with a NC win!

Comment

• So chad was suppose to allow b hop to be on his back like that?

Stop that bull**** hop knew what he was doing. Look at the bull**** he pulled in the roy fight. Dude wasnt winning this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by -EX- View Post
          I just watched it again, Chad did launch Bernard...I couldn't tell the same on the stream...it looks much worse...it should deff be a NC...

Dawson after the fight showed more energy than I've ever seen from him in the ring

I didn't like how he was responding. He was turning into Mayweather-lite.

I will make it a mission on this forum to chop him down to bits, Gino Ros style with Pacquiao, until he losses and is out of the picture for good.

I like stuttering Chad much better. The guy who keeps switching trainers because they're not coddling to his needs. The guy who Half-Tard Mayweather Senior, called a ******..

Comment

• Poor job by the referee. He should have given Hopkins 5 minutes injury time and then informed him that the fight would end in a TKO if Hopkins could not continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
              As I said. If Hopkins was indeed overplaying the situation, all of it will be cleared up once he goes to the Hospital to get tested. I'm sure the Commission will even demand scans of his shoulder for official records, and will make the results public.
              I don't think. I personally don't see how any test would prove anything...Even if it comes negative, it doesn't mean that at that moment he wasn't in some pain that made it hard to continue.

To have this overturned it would have come if they feel the fight was stopped cuz' of a foul or not

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Well then it's time to grill that judge during the review process. And also go over the California Athletic Commission specific rules in these circumstances.
              Well they will, I'm pretty sure. At least hope so, when the review progress comes...But, they way the dude from the commission acted in the interview makes me wonder if they will overturn it. Just to protect Russell. He didn't even let HBO get an interview with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
                Poor job by the referee. He should have given Hopkins 5 minutes injury time and then informed him that the fight would end in a TKO if Hopkins could not continue.
                No! the ref shouldnt have to tell him anything!....You get up because you want to, not because you think you will get a NC if you didnt get up, which is EXACTLY what Hopkins thought!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Point is that you get up! He gave him a very long time to get up, but no he didnt

And the ref shouldnt have to say anything to you! You get up because you want to!, not becUSE THE ref will let you keep the titles with a NC win!
                  Well, and that argument depends on whether Hopkins was completely bluffin' or not.

And as I said, we will know more once he has undergone testing on his shoulder.

Maybe he was trying to pull a No-Contest, but he also WAS hurt. Therefore he didn't wanna get up, and act like he was ok, and be at a disadvantage round after round.

Some foolish fighters wanna keep fighting with their head, half way caved in. And he was more analytical about it. But it still was a miscalculation on his part.

Comment

• all-time #1 boxing/mma/wwf cross-breed fight. tonight was child's play!

gonna go watch a real boxing match now. (toney vs jirov)

Comment

• Chambers did the same **** against Wlad but Wlad fell right on his ass and he ain't 46 yr old.

Comment

Working...
                      X