Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    Fact is, Hopkins had it coming for over clinching. He didn't even clinched, he JUMPED on Dawsons back like a biotch. And he got thrown down like the biotch he is. So happy that they stripped the title from dirty garbage don't know how to fight clinch and headbutt my way to a win Hopkins. Dawson deserves it.
    That is not a fact, watch the HD version that those of that bought the PPV saw, clearly hopkins throws a punch, Dawson ducks, hopkins ends up on his back, and chad pushes him off. Hopkins proceeds to jam his shoulder. It's clear as day and people questioning clearly didn't watch it or saw it on a crappy stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Fighters miss punches all the time without being on top of someones back. All the time. Just because your opponent duck a miss punch doesn't mean you automatically positions your self on a dude back.

But, whatever. If you feel that B-hop didn't do any foul and Dawson did a foul and B-Hop was robbed. Then so be it, I don't care. Because, I have no horse in this race.
      Jesus christ man, if Hopkins was in the wrong I would be the first to say it, but he was picked up and thrown down after he threw a punch, and did not even grab dawson in the sequence like you say he did, which is a foul in this sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth View Post
        One thing that I don't like is people calling Hopkins a coward and a quitter. Lets not act like Hopkins was born yesterday and his career started tonight. This dude has had a long career and has over came alot in the ring and in life. Just because tonight, things didn't work out, we shouldn't be throwing him under the bus. I'm sure Hopkins has fought through injuries in the ring before, as all fighters do at one point or another. And really no pro fighter is a coward. Being a pro boxer takes bravery that not every human has in them. Not saying you have to side with Hopkins, just saying lets be reasonable here.
        Like Cup said, it's just a bunch of knee jerk reactions. B-Hop still the man an F'ing legend. Some of this guys favorite fighters would be anywhere near the level B-Hop is at this age.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          It does make sense. If a fighter can't continue because of an injury where there was no foul. Then a TKO can happen.

Since the ref(whether right or wrong) judged that no foul occurred, the a TKO can very well stand. No if the ref would have judged that a foul did happen whether intentionally or accidental. Then you would be right that would it make sense.

Well then it's time to grill that judge during the review process. And also go over the California Athletic Commission specific rules in these circumstances.

Comment

• Hopkins has a lot of previous form for milking and creating confusion in these foul/injury/time-out scenarios. Where most would take fewer than the appropriate allotment of minutes just to get on with the fight and not be seen to be a whiner, Hopkins will take more than he needs. He does it to piss his opponents off and to have things his way, it's a control thing. His attitude is that he can foul and flirt on the borderline of the rules as much as he can get away with, but if he's fouled it's a grave offence. He sees himself as being above his fellow combatants - and I'm not just talking about his regard for his ability and accomplishments, but just the basic dirt-level respect and equality between opponents, which Hopkins' mentality bypasses more and more as time goes on. I say these things as a fan of his talent.

If he wasn't legitimately injured, it backfired on him completely this time. If he wasn't legitimately injured, he should have gotten up and put on a contest. I respect his accomplishments too much to openly speculate about the legitimacy of the injury, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              I had him ahead 1-0, and he was on his way of winning the second round as well.
              Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
              Man I told all you clowns that Dawson was too much for Hopkins.
              You all let the Pascal loss warp your minds. Dawson was hurt during the Pascal fight and in the rematch you will see what a health Chad will do to the nervous Pascal.
              I saw Hopkins winning the 1st 2 rounds and Dawson allowing him to fight at his own pace conserving energy. In fights where Hopkins is allowed to fight at his pace and wins the early rounds he always wins and finishes strong. Dawson was missing a lot of punches and making Hopkins look good.

This was another crazy ending to a fight. I can't blame Dawson for throwing him off...Hopkins left himself open for it...he wasn't playing by the rules when he got up on Dawson's back and shouldn't have expected Dawson to play by the rules either. I thought it would be called NC though. I also thought Hopkins should have made it more clear he was going to fight...and not really sure he was hurt as much as he was trying to make it look.

Comment

• Originally posted by turkas View Post
                All parties lost in this fight, but mainly the fans did.

Look it was an accidental foul, period. Everyone that bought the PPV got the commentary from all of the HBO staff who were all in agreement that this should have been a no contest and it will be overturned.

You really can't be mad at Chad or Hopkins, it was simply a freak accident. However, I do think Chad deserves heat for that disgrace of an interview and I can't wait to see Pascal beat him again.

And to those saying Hopkins was faking, what did Chad present that would make you think that? Hell Pascal looked way better in the early rounds of both fights, including knocking B-Hop down twice, but he didn't give up then. So why would he give up now?

This fight was bad for boxing, but really this forum makes me feel worse about boxing than any fight can because it makes me realize that most boxing are complete idiots.
                Best post of the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Jesus christ man, if Hopkins was in the wrong I would be the first to say it, but he was picked up and thrown down after he threw a punch, and did not even grab dawson in the sequence like you say he did, which is a foul in this sport.
                  No you wouldn't. And being on someones back is also a foul in the sport. Like I said IMO both committed fouls...So what's the issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by S.J. II
                    One last time, Bernard Hopkins is a coward. He deserves no respect for anything he has ever done in a boxing ring. Tonight, he showed his true colors. A white pussy.
                    You've really been losing it these last few accounts. That didn't even make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      You just cant jump on somebodies back like that

Comment

Working...
                      X