Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think americans will keep crying about the HW division forever...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    Poor comparison football is a growing sport in America, Boxing is if anything a declining sport in America.

There will always be good American boxers regardless but the days of ‘landslide domination’ are most defiantly over.

Oh and the little insult come on man you should have thicker skin than that dont be so touchy.
    We are still pretty much dominating even though the sport has fallen of the map in this country. Mayweather, Hopkins, and Ward are master technicians that are far superior to any other country's representation.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      And with America showing interest in soccer, isn't that a good thing? Certainly most would agree that the best trainers are here, best medicine/nutrition, and facilities are in the United States. I don't know why people from various nations get so offended by Americans. It's clearly a good thing when Americans are doing well. America is a wealthy nation and when they are going the spotlight is that much brighter. Yes, Americans are arrogant and it might be annoying but without them it certainly doesn't make a sport better, that is for sure.

I agree that America isn't going anywhere, just an example and I'm okay with not dominating. TBH, I love the fact that world class fighters come from all over the world. Not only is boxing a beautiful sport but you can learn a lot about different cultures from following the sport. The more nations that show interest in the sport, the better the competition.
      I agree for the most part good post.

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
        We are still pretty much dominating even though the sport has fallen of the map in this country. Mayweather, Hopkins, and Ward are master technicians that are far superior to any other country's representation.
        I wouldn’t call 3 fighters 'pretty much dominating' especially as two of those won’t be around much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          I wouldn’t call 3 fighters 'pretty much dominating' especially as two of those won’t be around much longer.
          You don't have any idea as to how long Hopkins and Mayweather may stick around. Especially Mayweather.

I named 3 fighters, Mayweather, Hopkins, and Ward, that are on most knowledgeable fans' top 10 P4P lists. America, a country that doesn't follow the sport of boxing, still comprises 30% of the P4P list. And that's not even mentioning that Martinez, Donaire, and Segura live and train in America as well. So that makes 6 top P4P fighters that use American resources to accomplish what they have in boxing.

Plus America has a boatload of more talent. Dawson, Cloud, Bradley, Guerrero, Rios, Broner, Garcia, and those are just the guys that are hot right now. We have many that are down right now that can easily get back up like Dirrell, Pavlik, Ortiz, Alexander. And many young guns waiting for a shot at the big time like Quillin, Alvarado, Trout, Ramos, Mike Jones, Solomon, Russell, Kennedy.

Are we the most hated? Yes. Are we the least supported? Yes. Do we have the most talent at the top and the most talent coming up? Undoubtedly.

Comment

What does the current talent level at heavyweight have to do with Americans? The division stinks, plain and simple. If it makes Pirao and others like him feel better than America is as much of the problem as any country. But that doesn't change the fact it still stinks and has little talent, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              First off we're talking about the heavyweight division. Second, not everyone thought Lacy was going to beat Calzaghe. Third, you completely ducked any kind of objective comparison because you know I have your ass in a sling here. Typical. I'd offer more video's, but it's obvious you're choosing to remain blind.
              You're the one offering subjective arguments but I'm the one who has his ass in a sling Gotcha bro

Comment

If you take away the Klitschko brothers, the American Heavyweights would be just as good as the Europeans.

The Klitschko's aren't your traditional Euro Heavy who is terrified to leave Europe and take on a challenging opponent like all the other Euro/Russian Heavyweights. Name me one other Euro Heavyweight with the balls to travel the way that guys like Chambers, Thompson, Rahman, Byrd and Brewster have done? What's that? You can't name a single one?

Eddie Chambers beat the **** out of Alexander Dimitrenko, who was 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier and the dip**** European ******s still almost managed to rob him.

Once the Klitschkos retire the Americans will be on par with the Europeans despite the fact that nobody in America gives a **** and very few of our larger athletes even consider the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                  You're the one offering subjective arguments but I'm the one who has his ass in a sling Gotcha bro
                  Than lets hear your objective comparison on each fighters respective skills. Tell me exactly who is more skilled and why. You won't because it sinks your whole weak argument. Anybody who has ever fought before and any OJECTIVE fan see who has the far greater skill set. Would you like me to pick two different fighters? How about Jerry Quarry and Arreola? Cleveland Williams and Boystov? Who? Lol!

Comment

Why is it that Europeans are just dominating the HW division then, and not the lower weight classes?

Because the HW division sucks...

Comment

Who even cares about the HW division?

Comment

Working...
                      X