Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Martinez fight Macklin/Andy Lee or Pirog in Russia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should fight Pirog of course.

Win-win. He thinks he can beat him easy AND he gets paid a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Why are you changing the subject and writing long winded posts to compensate for your lies?
      yeah look at how much evidence to back up your claims you are providing..........oh wait none. warren just said the deal was not 50-50 but i guess it was according to you? are you calzaghe's real promoter? still going with the everybody is wrong but me defense? still defending a guy with a swiss cheese resume who said he didn't want tough fights? even if we pretended that hopkins didn't want to fight calzaghe in wales how does that excuse calzaghe's terrible resume? why didn't he try to make a name for himself? why did he request easy opponents over and over? all he did was complain.
      Last edited by daggum; 10-10-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        yeah look at how much evidence to back up your claims you are providing..........oh wait none. warren just said the deal was not 50-50 but i guess it was according to you? are you calzaghe's real promoter? still going with the everybody is wrong but me defense? still defending a guy with a swiss cheese resume who said he didn't want tough fights?
        I just want to see if you'll stop lying and actually post the real version of what Warren said.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Give it up dude, Martinez is a US fighter
          I never denied this. I just said it's irrelevant in Martinez' case. He does not have a hometown. He's not a Pacquiao. He's not a Mexican. He's not a Puerto Rican. He doesn't have the same type of advantages other foreign fighters have in the US.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          lus im fairly certain he leaves in the US year round now
          No, he lives in Spain when he's not training. He bought his house there and is even running a couple businesses there.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I just want to see if you'll stop lying and actually post the real version of what Warren said.
            what's the real version? maybe i don't have it. please post it. what's the real version of when calzaghe said "i don't want tough fights" did he really mean "i'm ready to take on all comers!"

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I never denied this. I just said it's irrelevant in Martinez' case. He does not have a hometown. He's not a Pacquiao. He's not a Mexican. He's not a Puerto Rican. He doesn't have the same type of advantages other foreign fighters have in the US.
              So its not relevant because the judges are less likely to be biased towards him? It is still his "home town" fighting wise and would not be neutral in any way or form

No, he lives in Spain when he's not training. He bought his house there and is even running a couple businesses there.
              BUt he "trains" year round....or do you mean simply training camp?

Im fairly sure he spends the majority of time in the US even tho his "home" is Spain
              Last edited by Russian Crushin; 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                what's the real version? maybe i don't have it. please post it. what's the real version of when calzaghe said "i don't want tough fights" did he really mean "i'm ready to take on all comers!"
                Hopkins was to be paid $3m. 100% of the American revenue. Calzaghe was guaranteed $2m and the rest of the European revenue was to be split 50/50.

Is there a reason you keep trying to change the subject?

Comment

If he can fight Barker, he can fight Pirog. No excuses.

Comment

Hopkins was to be paid $3m. 100% of the American revenue. Calzaghe was guaranteed $2m and the rest of the European revenue was to be split 50/50.

Is there a reason you keep trying to change the subject?
                    calzaghe was to be paid 50 million and hopkins was to get a donut? see doesn't really have much credibility. when you actually listen to what he said instead of making things up it's a lot different. some would say more realistic.

Comment

Can someone answer me this question: are there discussions between promoters, managers, matchmakers, etc. regarding a Martinez-Pirog fight in Russia, or is this just fan talk in Boxingscene?

Comment

Working...
                      X