Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Martinez fight Macklin/Andy Lee or Pirog in Russia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez' manager responds.

http://twitter.com/#!/SampsonBoxing

Comment

So if its the same money, just make a counter offer to stage the fight in America....?

Comment

Don't fight in Russia!!! Are Sergio Fanboys & Some Americans Really This Dumb?

Some Americans on here and Sergio fanboys most recent excuse is that he shouldn't fight in Russia and then say it should be in the USA as if that is a neutral location or a place with any integrity when it comes to officiating.

Martinez vs Cintron, Williams I - Robbed
        Kotelnik vs Alexander - Worst robbery of 2010
        Lara vs Williams - Possibly the worst robbery of 2011
        Mathysse vs Judah, Alexander - losing end of two bad decisions
        Pirog vs Jacobs - Jacobs was winning on the cards whe Pirog kocked him out.

America is P4P with corrupt decisions and robberies and they can't even draw big numbers with 95% of their own top fighters like Bradley, Ward, Dawson. Some people on here are delusional.

Comment

whats the boxing culture in russia? pirog can make alot of money stateside.
          nevertheless i would really like to see martinez vs pirog, it doesnt matter where.

Comment

People need to ask themselves whether they want to see Pirog and Sergio fight each other, or whether they want to argue about the ****ing location?

I'm a big Martinez fans but some of the excuses justifying him not taking the fight are pitiful.

Comment

Just get some neutral judges not from Argentina or Russia, problem solved.

Comment

US is still a neutral ground for both foreign fighters. Russia is not neutral ground for a Pirog fight.

Anyway, the conversation is irrelevant. Martinez' manager already said the offer was not more that what he will make in the US.

Comment

Doesn't matter where the fight is. If Martinez doesn't win the decision his gay fanboys will be crying robbery for months, even if the fight could have went either way.

That said, I never really saw Pirog fight so I can't say how he'd do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Read them and you are indeed lying.
                    was calzaghe lying when he said "i don't want tough fights"

was warren lying when he said the fight would take place in wales?

was warren lying when he said hopkins would get 0% of the 5 million plus gate/ppv?

if they are lying who's telling the truth? i guess you would know better than them right? you have all the "real details"

even victor ortiz got a percentage of the ppv and he's an unknown. hopkins gets zero percent and he's the number 1 p4p fighter in the world? warren wanted to make bank off of hopkins name but hopkins didn't let him(nobody would) really what's so hard to understand about that?

there's a reason warren didn't want calzaghe to fight hopkins in america. it's all about money. they wouldn't be able to take 100% of the gate/ppv. so yes warren/calzaghe wanted the fight if hopkins agreed to be utterly robbed. good point. warren tried to treat hopkins like he was one of calzaghe's hand picked bums. usually the hand picked bums accepted all the terms because they were nobodies. this didn't work on a real fighter with much more money on the line but can't blame warren for trying.

calzaghe was a fraud. look at all the evidence. listen to all the things he said about not wanting tough fights. look at all the fights he pulled out of or flat out refused to take. listen to what his own promoter said about matching him soft. look at all the early stoppages. look at his resume. what more do you need? when you put everything together it equals fraud.
                    Last edited by daggum; 10-10-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

He will dominate Lee, Maclin stands a chance if he throws like he did against Sturm, Pirog will be his toughest fight, PLEASE fight Pirog, be p4p #2 for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X