Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Martinez fight Macklin/Andy Lee or Pirog in Russia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    was calzaghe lying when he said "i don't want tough fights"

was warren lying when he said the fight would take place in wales?

was warren lying when he said hopkins would get 0% of the 5 million plus gate/ppv?

if they are lying who's telling the truth? i guess you would know better than them right? you have all the "real details"

even victor ortiz got a percentage of the ppv and he's an unknown. hopkins gets zero percent and he's the number 1 p4p fighter in the world? warren wanted to make bank off of hopkins name but hopkins didn't let him(nobody would) really what's so hard to understand about that?

there's a reason warren didn't want calzaghe to fight hopkins in america. it's all about money. they wouldn't be able to take 100% of the gate/ppv. so yes warren/calzaghe wanted the fight if hopkins agreed to be utterly robbed. good point.

calzaghe was a fraud. look at all the evidence. listen to all the things he said about not wanting tough fights. look at all the fights he pulled out of or flat out refused to take. listen to what his own promoter said about matching him soft. look at all the early stoppages. look at his resume. what more do you need? when you put everything together it equals fraud.
    You are lying.

Hopkins was to receive all of the US money and 50% of the European money.

Stop lying please.

Comment

Who is Pirog? who has he beaten other than another Prospect? He is a total unknown without a meaningful win, he should literally have to fight Sergio in his own living room if he wants a shot at the legitimate MW champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        Just get some neutral judges not from Argentina or Russia, problem solved.
        Agreed.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        US is still a neutral ground for both foreign fighters. Russia is not neutral ground for a Pirog fight.

Anyway, the conversation is irrelevant. Martinez' manager already said the offer was not more that what he will make in the US.
        lol Against Martinez who is probably the most successful HBO fighter. This is the stupidity i was talking about.

Comment

I dont see the problem obviously money's not an issue and it's not like Sergio has a country behind him on top of that he usually dosen't leave it in the judges hands so DiBella better stop p1ssing around and get this made. IMO any other fight for Sergio apart from Floyd or Manny (unlikely) would be a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
            Agreed.

lol Against Martinez who is probably the most successful HBO fighter. This is the stupidity i was talking about.
            You just said it yourself that the Martinez has been robbed before in the US. You can even make the the case that he was robbed twice if you include the first Williams fight. Now suddenly you're changing the argument that the US is biased for Martinez?

I mean look a the official scorecards for Martinez vs Barker. They were definitely not over biased towards Martinez, especial compared to HBO. I mean one of them had Martinez winning only by 2 points.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

US is still a neutral ground for both foreign fighters. Russia is not neutral ground for a Pirog fight.

Anyway, the conversation is irrelevant. Martinez' manager already said the offer was not more that what he will make in the US.
              US is neutral? Martinez campaigns in the US, and is like HBO's main fighter

Either way it doesnt matter its neutral, this isnt the Super 6

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                US is neutral? Martinez campaigns in the US, and is like HBO's main fighter

Either way it doesnt matter its neutral, this isnt the Super 6
                It doesn't matter that he campaigns in the US. He has been robbed twice himself before. Martinez is not a citizen and does not live in the US except when he trains. He does not have a hometown advantage like other fighters. He has no fanbase. It's impossible for Martinez to get the same type hometown decision that Devon Alexander gets. He lives in spain, trains in Oxnard CA, and fights in ****ing New Jersey. And Pirog himself has said his number #1 goal is to fight in the US so he has to get used to it anyway like Martinez did.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-10-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  You are lying.

Hopkins was to receive all of the US money and 50% of the European money.

Stop lying please.
                  Q. As I understand it then, you were not
                  doing this deal on a 50-50 basis with Mr. King

A. No.

so is frank warren lying here or what's going on? is everybody lying but you?

isn't calzaghe the fraud who was scared to fight glen johnson on 3 occasions? isn't calzaghe the same guy who turned down career high paydays to fight ottke in germany? isn't calzaghe the guy who refused to fight in the usa till hopkins and jones were 40? he seems really overprotected to me but i guess it was everyone else's fault. not his of course.

you should abandon the whole everybody was scared of calzaghe routine when it's clearly the other way around. a better defense would 46-0 undefeated baby!
                  Last edited by daggum; 10-10-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

It doesn't matter that he campaigns in the US. He has been robbed twice himself before. Martinez is not a citizen and does not live in the US except when he trains. He does not have a hometown advantage like other fighters. He has no fanbase. It's impossible for Martinez to get the same type hometown decision that Devon Alexander gets. He trains in Oxnard CA and fights in ****ing New Jersey. And Pirog himself has said his number #1 goal is to fight in the US so he has to get used to it like Martinez did.
                    I guess Pacquiao isnt a US fighter either.

Give it up dude, Martinez is a US fighter, Hes been fighting here since 2007

Plus im fairly certain he leaves in the US year round now

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      Q. As I understand it then, you were not
                      doing this deal on a 50-50 basis with Mr. King

A. No.

so is frank warren lying here or what's going on? is everybody lying but you?

isn't calzaghe the fraud who was scared to fight glen johnson on 3 occasions? isn't calzaghe the same guy who turned down career high paydays to fight ottke in germany? he seems really overprotected to me but i guess it was everyone else's fault. not his of course.
                      Why are you changing the subject and writing long winded posts to compensate for your lies?

Comment

Working...
                      X