Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Ever In EVERY sport by the numbers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Which Maradonna did on several occassions.
    And Messi has time to do it. So I don't get where your argument is coming from that Maradonna is better than Messi.

Just because a player did it at the WC doesn't automatically put him in the greatest players category. You gotta be consistent throughout your entire career at the top level; which Messi so far is doing.

Hell if we're to judge players by who have been great in WC's then Klose will go down as the one of the greatest strikers ever & players such as a George Best wouldn't get a mention. (shame he was such an idiot too 2bh).

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
      Hell no... Pele is the god of soccer... but if Diego got better numbers & more rings I ain't in no mood to complain.

Dumb yank,,

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
        And Messi has time to do it. So I don't get where your argument is coming from that Maradonna is better than Messi.

Just because a player did it at the WC doesn't automatically put him in the greatest players category. You gotta be consistent throughout your entire career at the top level; which Messi so far is doing.

Hell if we're to judge players by who have been great in WC's then Klose will go down as the one of the greatest strikers ever & players such as a George Best wouldn't get a mention. (shame he was such an idiot too 2bh).
        Because Messi does it in a great team (Barca). And then does *** all in a lesser team (Argentina).

Maradonna did it at Napoli ffs. Dragged a terrible Argentina team to the World Cup basically on his own.

Comment

Because Messi does it in a great team (Barca). And then does *** all in a lesser team (Argentina).

Maradonna did it at Napoli ffs. Dragged a terrible Argentina team to the World Cup basically on his own.
          Yeh I give you that; but just because Messi is in a great team doesn't mean he isn't a great player & to me the greatest.

You know what Messi's gna do; bring it onto that left foot and cut inside yet people can't stop him. We're in a time where players are faster, stronger & ,arguably, technically better. Messi's goals & assists numbers are ridiculous & the scary thing is; he's not even in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
            Yeh I give you that; but just because Messi is in a great team doesn't mean he isn't a great player & to me the greatest.

You know what Messi's gna do; bring it onto that left foot and cut inside yet people can't stop him. We're in a time where players are faster, stronger & ,arguably, technically better. Messi's goals & assists numbers are ridiculous & the scary thing is; he's not even in his prime.
            Didnt say he wasnt a great player. But hes not the greatest. He hasnt shown the ability to perform like that without Xavi, Iniesta and co.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                It's different for hockey and soccer.

Truth is: Vitali's skin is the wrong color for a lot of people.

In the sport of boxing, most Americans can only have high regard for non-white fighters, especially black fighters.
                That's not true.... Vitali's nationality is mostly at play here & the fact he's 6ft 8 inches.... most people automatically.. even subliminally assuming he's SUPPOSED to be dominating in this fashion & that it's NOTHING special.. then when these excuses get questioned.. they go for the dissing of the opponent as that's foolproof & has nothing to do with bias like the first 2 things i mentioned But in reality that's biased as well because of the assumption fighters in the past were better..... you Know why they were better? It;s because parody breeds success.

Those other greater fighters were NOT dominating there opponents in this fashion & that created more success for others & the spread of wealth gave great fights & great competition because the supposedly greater fighters than him had more to work with... when in reality.. they had LESS to deal with them.

Peeps are acting like this era is like the 50's in the Nba where Chamberlain & Russel dominated because the of the size & CLEAR talent pool disparity.. The Klitschko's are NOT fighting guys any smaller or less stronger than there predessecors... they're actually fighting the strongest.. biggest & tallest fighters that have ever been.... rule changes aren't at play here..same rules.. so why is it that this is the weakest era.. The brothers are MAKING it weak by BEING strong... it's as simple as that.. all that other is all B & S!

Comment

tiger woods has not yet broken jack nicklaus 18 majors so no he doesn't have the best number in golf but he's still young so he can break that record for sure. right now though, tiger woods has dropped below the top 50 golfers in the world.

Comment

Didnt say he wasnt a great player. But hes not the greatest. He hasnt shown the ability to perform like that without Xavi, Iniesta and co.
                    I watch Barca every game and Xavi and Iniesta have missed a lot of games where Messi has shined, including some this year.

Comment

they jus tryin to hold a ***** down...

Comment

Working...
                      X