Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook: Welterweight Champs are Making Excuses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure Khan will fight Brook if he captures that WBA title.

Still easier than going after Berto's IBF (he will probably use it to lure Ortiz anyway).

Comment

Brook is not a ticket seller either.

If he was I'd imagine he'd have fought for a title a while ago.

He must be a little bit of a homebody because in reality he's probably better off shipping off to America and fighting on undercards to build his name up.

He was way down Warren's list of favourites - Brit promoters always want fighters who sell tickets. Still though, Calzaghe had a similar early career to Brook. Fighting for titles in opponents backyards - Brook in Scotland, and Calzaghe is England many times over.

But Calzaghe still achieved much more by Kell's age.
      Last edited by Sparked_1985; 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

senchenko sucks. brook destroys that mother ****er

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
          senchenko sucks. brook destroys that mother ****er
          never heard of him really.

But why does he suck?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
            never heard of him really.

But why does he suck?
            he is slow, no head movement. he kind of reminds me of antonio margarito minus the tenacity and heart. he is undefeated only because the opposition he is fighting. he has barely any pop in his hands. I dont even consider him top 10 welter

Comment

he is slow, no head movement. he kind of reminds me of antonio margarito minus the tenacity and heart. he is undefeated only because the opposition he is fighting. he has barely any pop in his hands. I dont even consider him top 10 welter
              Is this the guy Ricky Hatton spoke about fighting at one point?

If so he's a been a champ for a while. If he is as bad as you say Brook needs to go to the Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                Is this the guy Ricky Hatton spoke about fighting at one point?

If so he's a been a champ for a while. If he is as bad as you say Brook needs to go to the Ukraine.
                i think brook is top 5. i want him vs berto. hatton was suppose to fight him and saul alvarez was suppose to fight him at one point then the fight fell through.

Comment

i think brook is top 5. i want him vs berto. hatton was suppose to fight him and saul alvarez was suppose to fight him at one point then the fight fell through.
                  I'm pretty worried about Brook.

His career is going at a snails pace - and as far as I can see he's never had to deal with any adversity. Even by British standards it's not great. You could argue guys like James DeGale and George Groves have fought and beat better fighters and they are 10/12 fight novices.

Ndou was pretty faded when Kell got in. This Polish guy is world ranked so hopefully he can show do something to Kell. I've seen Kell give rounds away because it was so easy.

I hope he turns out to be good at world-level. But the way it's gone for outside the ring would suggests that not many people truly believe in him. I think this might be down to the fact Brook hasn't really got much of a fan base and Frank didn't want to dip his hand in his pocket for him.

Comment

brook top 5? naah. i easily put guys like berto, mike jones, zaveck, ortiz, mosley etc. above him.
                    iirc not just ricky, but his bro was also mentioned as a possible opponent for senchenko.
                    the alvarez fight fell through, because senchenko wanted 500k$ to fight in the states. at least the guy knows the value of that strap. which leads me to believe, there's no way they will ever pull him over to the UK. but let's see what ed hearn can do.

Comment

Working...
                    X