Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana: Finally Khan Stops All The Lies and Excuses!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    Khan dominated Maidana, seriously MM won about 3 rounds, other than his two big rounds he was well beaten
    Official Judges gave Maidana around 5 rounds if I remember correctly, but maybe the British announcers gave Maidana only 3 rounds. It was close fight, no domination at all. No one else has busted up Khan's face like that.

Comment

Team Maidana using boxingscene to spread their bull****? Lol! Maidana is just mad cuz he ducked Morales II, and now nobody wants to fight him. I suggest Maidana-Petrov II, MGM Grand Las Vegas! Steve Smoger the REF, and Buffer announcer, live on HBO PPV. LOLOOLOL!

Am I in a trolling mood today or it's just me?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        If it was fight of the year, the general rule is that there needs to be a rematch. Simple as that. JMM vs Diaz, Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez, Micky Ward vs Gatti, Eric Morales vs Barrerra, etc... I don't get why the khan fans are so against it.
        No one is against it. But Khan is moving on whilst Maidana is fighting bums. The rematch only benefits Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
          Official Judges gave Maidana around 5 rounds if I remember correctly, but maybe the British announcers gave Maidana only 3 rounds. It was close fight, no domination at all. No one else has busted up Khan's face like that.
          Maidana was outclassed over the first 9 rounds. He didnt even wanna get up off his stool for the 10th. Khan was so much in control that he got complacent and caught with that desperation overhand right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            No one is against it. But Khan is moving on whilst Maidana is fighting bums. The rematch only benefits Maidana.
            Moving on to what? Eric Morales for the WBC belt? The same "bum" Maidana beat? No? Oh, you must be talking about the HOF Paul McCloskey then?

Comment

The sooner the rematch is made the better. It was a good fight the first time, so no reason we shouldn't have a good fight the 2nd time.
              Maidana needs Morales' belt and then it should be game on for a rematch unless Khan takes a fight with Floyd.

Besides Floyd or Bradley, I want him to fight Maidana again. All 3 of those fights would interest me a lot, but probably the Floyd fight the least as I don't think he's ready for him yet.

Comment

Moving on to what? Eric Morales for the WBC belt? The same "bum" Maidana beat? No? Oh, you must be talking about the HOF Paul McCloskey then?
                Hes fighting Lamont Petersen. You're not aware of this?

Comment

If it was fight of the year, the general rule is that there needs to be a rematch. Simple as that. JMM vs Diaz, Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez, Micky Ward vs Gatti, Eric Morales vs Barrerra, etc... I don't get why the khan fans are so against it.
                  I agree. The simple fact is, it was a great fight and a 2nd installment would likely be similarly entertaining and similarly testing for Khan. And it was a close fight -- okay, maybe not in terms of points won, but Maidana came close to winning by KO nevertheless.

I don't regard Lamont Peterson as a step up from Maidana. If he was fighting Bradley or Mayweather, sure, he'd be frying bigger fish, but McCloskey, Judah and Peterson are not especially great fights. We all, including Khan, would be better off for a rematch with El Chino happening within that time frame.

Comment

Khan is moving up in weight so the fight wont happen. Get over it.

Khan 1 - Maidana 0

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                      I agree. The simple fact is, it was a great fight and a 2nd installment would likely be similarly entertaining and similarly testing for Khan. And it was a close fight -- okay, maybe not in terms of points won, but Maidana came close to winning by KO nevertheless.

I don't regard Lamont Peterson as a step up from Maidana. If he was fighting Bradley or Mayweather, sure, he'd be frying bigger fish, but McCloskey, Judah and Peterson are not especially great fights. We all, including Khan, would be better off for a rematch with El Chino happening within that time frame.
                      Yep....they are no Erik Morales' or Petr Petrovs, thats for sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X