No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Responds To Dana White's Verbal Jabs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
    “I don’t watch it. I don’t get a so-called sport in which you can have a 6-2 record and be called a world champion. I just don’t appreciate the finer points of MMA..."

Bantamweight Champion: DOMINICK CRUZ (18-1-0)

Featherweight Champion: JOSE ALDO (19-1-0)

Lightweight Champion: FRANKIE EDGAR (13-1-1)

Welterweight Champion: GEORGES ST-PIERRE (22-2-0)

Middleweight Champion: ANDERSON SILVA (29-4-0)

Light Heavyweight Champion: JON JONES (14-1-0)

Heavyweight Champion: CAIN VELASQUEZ (9-0-0)

LARRY IS GOING SENILE...
    The point was that there have been several world champs with pitiful records like that like when Brock was like 4-1 and a world UFC champ. It was his point but I'm not sure you have the ilk to understand such things i guess.

Comment

dana white got pwned by larry! hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
        MMA fighters have more losses because there's far less dodging going on. You don't get inflated records in MMA. MMA fighters constantly face opponents of a similar level. Which is why it is becoming a lot more popular.

Boxing politics is bull****. The sport is a slave to money and the thousands of people who depend on said money without actually adding anything to the sport.
        I may be wrong but don't you think it would be much easier to consistently pair up world class fighters when your not paying them very much? Here is a number to think on. Rocky Marciano was earning more in his title fights almost 60 years ago then what White is paying his heavyweights champs now. So, MMA may be getting popular and White is making lots of cash but it doesn't seem like he is spreading the wealth to the fighters who are actually doing all the bleeding.

Comment

Working...
        X