Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz: Mayweather Elbowed Me, So I Fired Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for elbows from Floyd and rabid punches from Ortiz. I saw rabid punches and billy goating from Ortiz. I saw elbows from Floyd but only from his defensive posture. They were not thrown or intended to cause harm. The shell defense and shoulder roll can cause the elbows to protrude. Not intentional. Ortiz' headbutt was intentional. His tantrum just shows he's not quite ready for the big time. Left hook, straight right hand, and that's all she wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
      Told you all about those razor elbows to the throat from Floyd

Watch the fight again and look for them!!!!!

Another thing.

If u have never been in a ring before

DO NOT even comment on this.

Because u have no idea what u are talking about until

u have been in there.

Cortez is ****.

And Floyd is a punk *****
      If you actually boxed as you claim then you would know how hard it is to be 42-0 for 15 years and a seven time world champion in five different weight classes without being knocked out or officially knocked down.

Also sticking your elbow out to defend is NOT fouling, swinging it is. The only one who broke the rules was Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Welterweight contender Victor Ortiz is claiming that referee Joe Cortez did nothing to prevent Floyd Mayweather Jr. from using his elbows in last Saturday's fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Ortiz claims the elbows by Mayweather, and Cortez not issuing any warnings, led to his intentional headbutt in the fourth round. Ortiz lost a point and gave Mayweather a hug to apologize. As he was moving away from the hug, with his hands down, Mayweather landed two punches which knocked Ortiz out. Ortiz is claiming Cortez never advised him to resume fighting.

[Click Here To Read More]
        It wasn't an elbow - it was an left hook and a straight right - just rewatch the fight Victor... I though he isn't allowed to give interviews with concussions anymore - it worked bad the last time - Golden Boy never learns

Comment

Not what you said post-fight, *******. Next.

Comment

Outclassed??????

So tired of this crap propaganda

There is no such thing.

Was foreman out classes when he was dominated for

11 rounds before landing two punches to knock

Moore out and win the championship???

So tired of those who talk **** like they know

this sport and never even been in a boxing gym

let alone a ring.
            sounds like you ve had the misfortune of getting roughed up in sparring. but since you see what a million of us can't please point out the exact moment in the fight (round/time) so i can go look at the replay right now.

and based on the dozen of Floyd fights we have all witnessed, it's not a bad assumption to think it was only going to get worse for Victor, but im with you there, because anything is possible.

Comment

Ortiz >>> Mayweather.

Floyd knew it too, that's why he had to resort to cheating. He knew he was gonna catch a severe beating.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                they talked about it all before the fight so he knows thats the excuse he can use to fall back on. Even the most die hard Floyd fans know that Floyd can use those bows but he really didnt do that at all in this fight, except to block punches so Ortiz can give that one a rest and just accept his fate. He's also trying to be slick and say his right eyebrow because he knows thats where it was black & swollen but really it was from that straight right all night. Stop making excuses Victor
                This is exactly what I wanted to say about it. He also said it was an accident. He never mentioned it in the post fight interview with Mayweather's number 1 hater Larry Merchant. I think Ortiz's trainer is the one that put Ortiz up to using his head when he had him against the ropes. I don't remember Ortiz fighting like this against Berto or Peterson. It's a good strategic move to ruff Floyd up but, he just took it too far. Now he's taking the lying too far. Ortiz gave up when he decided to headbutt. He had no intention of really fighting after that. He got elbowed in the eye. Then KO'ed by what he thought was an illegal shot and after that got up smiling? YOu are a fool if you think that kid wanted to keep fighting and what he is saying is true.

Comment

honestly, 2 words, this whole match was a "set up". Mayweather won, Ortiz lost but still doesnt loose face by loosing and they probably made huge bets on the outcome. Theres was no time in indication by Cortez, just before Floyd sucker punches Ortiz, u can see him look at Cortez, make sure he wasnt looking and then punches him twice and gets the knock down. Then all of a sudden, Cortez is counting out. its true that u should protect your self at all times but how long does it take to tell the judges to deduct a point? also Ortiz wasnt even made during the interview. Strange, no? it seems kinda bull**** to me. No doubt Mayweather is 1 of the best fighter around and is one of the boxers that is keeping the sport alive, along with paqcuiao, but it does suck to see him win like that. everyone made money, cortez got a cut, promoters definitely made theirs, everyone is happy. THE END...

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                    Ortiz >>> Mayweather.

Floyd knew it too, that's why he had to resort to cheating. He knew he was gonna catch a severe beating.

Comment

Outclassed??????

So tired of this crap propaganda

There is no such thing.

Was foreman out classes when he was dominated for

11 rounds before landing two punches to knock

Moore out and win the championship???

So tired of those who talk **** like they know

this sport and never even been in a boxing gym

let alone a ring.
                      Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Go and have a cry you whiny little girl ,,,, what are you gunna change your name to when Floyd schools Manny like an amateur , how about chicken**** lol .
                      fans that were praying for Floyd to lose look for any excuse they can find. i swear if Victor had actually split Floyds face open and the fight stopped because of a cut they would praise it like Victor was whooping his ass. instead poor crybaby Victor got what he deserved. i expect to hear these *****es whine for another 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X