No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman Backs Mayweather: Slams Merchant, Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinoy4ever View Post
    Sulaiman support every boxer that wins their WBC title.
    no its more complicated than that....

3% of $25m is a lot more convincing that 3% of $2m.....thats what its really all about!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The World Boxing Council's Secretary General, Mauricio Sulaiman, is roundly criticizing HBO analyst Larry Merchant for the post-fight confrontation with Floyd Mayweather Jr., which took place last Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather knocked out Victor Ortiz in four rounds to win the WBC welterweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]
      I cant stand that Sulaiman shyster, but he is dead right about Merchant.

Nobody is interested in your biased insecurities Merchant, hang em up man.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        About time someone ranked as high as Mauricio come through and tell it like it is.

I'm fine with Merchant being critical but he often fails to do objectively. Attacking Floyd and not asking Ortiz about the intentional headbutt is bad journalism. Merchant even had the nerve to hint that it was accidental. He handled the situation poorly and I really didn't like his attitude when he told Floyd that he would kick his ass. That's just as "low" as Floyd telling him that he "don't know **** about boxing". A veteran reporter should know better than that. If Merchant is too stubborn and old to realize he made a mistake, he should call it quits. In fact, he should've done it a long time ago. He acts like a barbarian in the 21th century. This isn't the 50's or 60's anymore Larry.

It's time to let Max do the talking.
        I agree, Merchant's retort was about as unprofessional as you can get.

Merchant needs to go, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          Lets hope Floyd follows WBC rules and defends amin of twice a year...good for Mauricios words...right on the money, pardon the pun...
          Mayweather aint gonna change a thing just because he won some trinket.

He will fight whenever he feels like it, as usual, and that spineless clown Sulaiman will not have any say in the matter.

He will not strip Mayweather, and Mayweather wouldn't give a **** anyway.

And anyway, according to the new pacland rules of boxing, it is all about titles, not defences. They literally give titles away now, but defences are (more-often-than-not) earned.

Comment

Bump......

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
            I dislike sulaiman but he's spot on.

Guys like floyd manny b-hop and morales deserve respect just for what they have given the sport. Like them or not you do not as a member of the boxing community dog them in that forum.

And to think he disrespects a legend and then allows some punk kid, who quit numerous times and was previously dq'd, to pretend his obvious foul was accidental.

whom among us doesn't have a co-worker we dislike? most act professionally and hide it. Apparently mr. merchant doesn't believe in this concept
            Excellent post man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
              Ah think, Sulaiman has heard what Floydie said: "I don't need Pacman!"
              No need to please Floydie...he said it already!

Rule #1:
              If you're an old man, don't contradict Floydie, see, and take a closer look on what happened to Floyd Sr., L Merchant, and Arum!
              If you are looking for a common-denominator, those three guys are ALL capable of being silly old ****s..... but the real point is..... ALL three have been dishonest.

Personally, I dont believe that dishonest people deserve a single thing in life.

Arum is a lying, cheating, deceitful, manipulative, old ****, who will hopefully die soon.

Merchant is blatantly biased, so could not report honestly to save himself, so therefore should look at hangin em up.

Snr.....

Chill kid, if Mayweather was really p1ssed he would have poked Merchant

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                Since the Carpentier-Lewis, and Dempsey-Sharkey fights took place in the early and mid 1920's......no, he isn't old enough to remember. He only knows what hea had read about these fights, exactly as both you and myself know. In fact I doubt if anyone less than 100 years old would remember.

One thing I DO remember....from reading...... is that Lewis was outweighed by about 20 lbs.
                From what I heard there was a significant size difference, and one story tells that Lewis had Carpentier in trouble early, although I have read accounts that differ.

Georges Carpentier is one of my very favorite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by antrecasner View Post
                  Though i do think that hes only saying this to kiss Floyds a$$.Larry Merchant was out of line the whole night.From questioning Floyd for coming in with his kids(which there always at his fights)from trying to justify the head butt,to saying that he took a cheap shot.Now Floyd did conduct himself like an ass with Mercahant(he deserved it though)but you have to be the bigger person.And Merchant job is a commentator and in my opinion he wasnt doing that the whole night.All he did was take shots and question Floyds integrity all night.
                  Fuk political correctness, it is a plague that needs to be wiped out.

Mayweather had the right to react to that biased senile old **** Merchant.

It was his day, who deserves to put up with some whiney biased old prick with an axe to grind?

Good for Mayweather.

Merchant needs to go, but if not, then he should never call another Mayweather fight.

It amuses me that folks want Mayweather to be a beast inside the ring, but as gentle as a lamb outside it.

And if Merchant was 50 years younger, he would have kept his mouth shut.

Comment

Everything Floyd did was well within the rules, but having a guy as "respectable" as Sulaiman on your side won't give him any credibility for what he did.

Comment

Go suck-up Sulaiwoman! it don't matter to Jr....

..regardless of what you say..jr will just dump that WBC belt, the only thing it does for him is to "collect dust".

Comment

Working...
                      X