Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Floyd's fascination with Pac and Arums business dealings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
    So De La Hoya, Schaeffer and Co,

work for free?

They just put in all of their time and effort into Floyd Mayweather Jr just for ****s sake?

Gino, you better talk this guy down from his soapbox.
    Didn't I tell you earlier that May hires GBP as a contractor? Didn't I say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      Here's how they make more money without Arum. And I'll explain it to you in the simplest terms I can.

You have a pizza pie. There are six guys in the room. Everyone is hungry. So, each guy will get X amount.

Now, if we kill of one guy - guess what - the amount we can each get changes. It is now Y amount.

And Y > X.

The fewer mouths to feed, the more the principals and participants can get,

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

Floyd wants to control the promotion. That is why he wants Manny to dump Arum. Floyd does not wantto do a split (co-) promotion with TR. Because TR will (naturally) want X amount of the profits.

Without TR in the picture, more profits to split .
      Do you agree with this?

Do you understand it?

Comment

Here's how they make more money without Arum. And I'll explain it to you in the simplest terms I can.

You have a pizza pie. There are six guys in the room. Everyone is hungry. So, each guy will get X amount.

Now, if we kill of one guy - guess what - the amount we can each get changes. It is now Y amount.

And Y > X.

The fewer mouths to feed, the more the principals and participants can get,

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

Floyd wants to control the promotion. That is why he wants Manny to dump Arum. Floyd does not wantto do a split (co-) promotion with TR. Because TR will (naturally) want X amount of the profits.

Without TR in the picture, more profits to split .
        Um, I specifically asked to see how each guy can go home with 100 million and you're talking about Granny Smiths apple pie?

Well screw it, might as well drop Golden Boy too right? I mean, Floyds so damn rich, his nickname is "Money", he can just fund the entire operation himself! So instead of just dumping one guy, Bob Arum, you can also dump Oscar De La Hoya and Richard Schaeffer. So theres not one, but THREE guys who won't be eating pie!

Get the **** outta here. We know Floyd wants to control the promotion. He also wants to control the drug testing that isn't necessary, who Manny gets tested by, where Manny trains, and what punches Manny can throw.

Everywhere, I can't believe you even followed this clown. You just **** on yourself by allowing yourself to be duped by this idiot.

Comment

So De La Hoya, Schaeffer and Co,

work for free?

They just put in all of their time and effort into Floyd Mayweather Jr just for ****s sake?

Gino, you better talk this guy down from his soapbox.
          To explain the business model, Schaeffer starts with a pie. A little more than half goes to the distributors (Time Warner, DirecTV, etc.). The balance goes to the network, HBO or Showtime, which takes its distribution fees and hands the rest to the promoters.

In this case, Golden Boy has one contract with HBO and another with Mayweather Promotions. But the money, less what distributors and networks take, is under Mayweather’s control; normally the promoter would control it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sp...ydmayweatherjr

Comment

Didn't I tell you earlier that May hires GBP as a contractor? Didn't I say that?
            Do you know what "hire" means?

He pays them to perform a service, meaning, he doesn't get 100% of anything.

Coincidentally, the service Floyd pays for, is the same exact service Bob Arum does for Manny Pacquiao.

The only difference being, Manny is on a long term contract and Floyd is on a fight by fight basis.

What do you think Bob is for Manny?

Hes a contractor.

Comment

Um, I specifically asked to see how each guy can go home with 100 million and you're talking about Granny Smiths apple pie?

Well screw it, might as well drop Golden Boy too right? I mean, Floyds so damn rich, his nickname is "Money", he can just fund the entire operation himself! So instead of just dumping one guy, Bob Arum, you can also dump Oscar De La Hoya and Richard Schaeffer. So theres not one, but THREE guys who won't be eating pie!

Get the **** outta here. We know Floyd wants to control the promotion. He also wants to control the drug testing that isn't necessary, who Manny gets tested by, where Manny trains, and what punches Manny can throw.

Everywhere, I can't believe you even followed this clown. You just **** on yourself by allowing yourself to be duped by this idiot.
              Where did you come up with this arbitrary $100 million number? Who said $100 million? Show me where I gave a number.

Yeah. Floyd will fire GBP, and he'll train in the morning, and then go do promotional stuff all day. Makes perfect sense. Or. hire a full team when there is ALREADY a capable team that has executed, and has the infrastructure to do what he wants.

Comment

lol

Bottom line,

you can't prove dicck.

Instead of showing how Oscar can pay both guys 100 million each,

you go on about Manny being illiterate.

You're a Floyd fan, I know. I know this because you change your tune once someone has stepped to you. This isn't about a business discussion.

I simply asked you to prove that DLH can pay both guys 100 milly each.

You failed.

Holy strawman Batman! Speaking of DeVry degrees...you must have gone to that world accredited institution in Manila.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nature Boy View Post
                  To explain the business model, Schaeffer starts with a pie. A little more than half goes to the distributors (Time Warner, DirecTV, etc.). The balance goes to the network, HBO or Showtime, which takes its distribution fees and hands the rest to the promoters.

In this case, Golden Boy has one contract with HBO and another with Mayweather Promotions. But the money, less what distributors and networks take, is under Mayweather’s control; normally the promoter would control it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sp...ydmayweatherjr

Now why in the world would Manny agree to let someone who accused him of cheating,

control everything?

Thats just ridiculously stupid.

"Ok, Floyd, you called me a cheater and dog eater, but here you go, you can control everything in our fight together, I trust you to be entirely fair, even though you sucker punched your last opponent, even though you cheated Marquez in the scales. Here you go, I sign on dotted line, you go get us that money."

Comment

Where did you come up with this arbitrary $100 million number? Who said $100 million? Show me where I gave a number.

Yeah. Floyd will fire GBP, and he'll train in the morning, and then go do promotional stuff all day. Makes perfect sense. Or. hire a full team when there is ALREADY a capable team that has executed, and has the infrastructure to do what he wants.

Now go ahead, tell me how they make 100 million each.

I'd love to hear it.

Comment

Do you know what "hire" means?

He pays them to perform a service, meaning, he doesn't get 100% of anything.

Coincidentally, the service Floyd pays for, is the same exact service Bob Arum does for Manny Pacquiao.

The only difference being, Manny is on a long term contract and Floyd is on a fight by fight basis.

What do you think Bob is for Manny?

Hes a contractor.

But Manny is LOCKED IN to a contract and can't negotiate a lower fee.

Floyd can (and does) negotiate and shop promoters. remember the Don king overtures? Who promoted the Baldomir fight? GTP.

Manny doesn't have that flexibility.

Resultingly, Floyd makes SUBSTANTIALLY more than Manny does,

Comment

Working...
                      X