Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Cortez Responds To Critics Over Mayweather-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cortez signaled and said, "lets go." Anybody that says otherwise is deaf and blind. If he didnt signal and order them to fight then why was Ortiz walking up to Floyd trying to hug him?

Comment

Cortez said lets go

Ortiz tried hugging floyd.

Floyd punched him

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
        Cortez said lets go meaning fight he don't need to be looking at the fighters when he is looking at the timekeeper trying to get the time back in
        WTF?

The ref's job is to look after the safety and order of the boxers and needs to oversee anything that happens in the ring amongst other of it's job descriptions.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

Cortez did nothing wrong....He said Let's go instructing them to continue fighting and then as they were hugging for the 2nd time he was asking the ringside time person if the bell had rung...you can hear it clearly. Ortiz has lied to make himself look like the victim. When he was hit the first time he was looking directly at Floyd Mayweather. And Cortez was not making any attempt to break them as Ortiz has claimed. Watch it yet again if you don't believe me.

Comment

For me, Ortiz is the one to blame coz of his stupid azz carelesness.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
              WTF?

The ref's job is to look after the safety and order of the boxers and needs to oversee anything that happens in the ring amongst other of it's job descriptions.

So what should Cortez have done in your opinion?

Comment

**** Cortez. He is done as a ref. I couldve done better as a 30 yr old drunk out of shape guy

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
                  WTF?

The blame falls on Ortiz 100% Cortez did nothing wrong

Comment

Joe Cortez is 100% right and that is exactly what happened. Ortiz caused the situation and made it awkward. Dude made a mistake and paid for it. All these guys on here talking about "Mayweather sucker punched Ortiz" are the same people who get punched in their face and says "What you do that for" without fighting back. That's what Ortiz did. Any other fighter would have put there hands up, threw a punch back, dipped their head, evaded or something. Ortiz is dumb.
                    Last edited by GRUSTLER; 09-19-2011, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                      Cortez said lets go meaning fight he don't need to be looking at the fighters when he is looking at the timekeeper trying to get the time back in
                      Is the order of business not to get time in and then instruct the fighters to resume fighting?

I agree Ortiz was stupid to do what he did but Cortez is just incompetent at the best of times. I really hope to never see him in the middle of the ring again!

Comment

Working...
                      X