No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Cortez Responds To Critics Over Mayweather-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Referee Joe Cortez has received a lot of criticism from the fans and the boxing media, with nearly all of his critics being upset over the veteran referee's performance in last Saturday's controversial fight between Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. During the fourth round, Ortiz apologized to Mayweather for intentionally using his head. He hugged Mayweather when the foul was committed, and then Cortez took a point away from Ortiz.

[Click Here To Read More]

“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said, ‘Time in,’ ”
    Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said after Ortiz was counted out at 2:59 of the round to surrender his WBC welterweight title to Mayweather. “At that point, the fight is back on and they’re free to punch each other. Joe had them separated, but Victor went to hug him four separate times. But the referee said, ‘Time in,’ and Floyd Mayweather threw a perfectly legal punch. I have no idea why Victor kept trying to hug him or embrace him. I guess he was feeling guilty because of the head butt, but hey, you’re in a fight. Fight and then feel guilty later.”

Comment

• Cortez all he wants is big promoter money even the primetime anouncers where talking **** about Cortez before the fight they know he's a scumbag look at the khan fight Cortez was protecting there English cash cow from chino golden boy paid him off he likes dat big money he don't give a **** about boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post

“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said, ‘Time in,’ ”
        Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said after Ortiz was counted out at 2:59 of the round to surrender his WBC welterweight title to Mayweather. “At that point, the fight is back on and they’re free to punch each other. Joe had them separated, but Victor went to hug him four separate times. But the referee said, ‘Time in,’ and Floyd Mayweather threw a perfectly legal punch. I have no idea why Victor kept trying to hug him or embrace him. I guess he was feeling guilty because of the head butt, but hey, you’re in a fight. Fight and then feel guilty later.”
        A replay showed Cortez instructing the timekeeper to resume the clock, but there was never a point where he looked at both boxers and instructed them to continue fighting.

Comment

• Joe Cortez is right ......

Comment

• i remember this one fight that cortez was reffing and he almost didn't mess up......but then he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Referee Joe Cortez has received a lot of criticism from the fans and the boxing media, with nearly all of his critics being upset over the veteran referee's performance in last Saturday's controversial fight between Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. During the fourth round, Ortiz apologized to Mayweather for intentionally using his head. He hugged Mayweather when the foul was committed, and then Cortez took a point away from Ortiz.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

• BS!! The thing is Joe Cortez never called time-in! The man looks dumb and IS DUMB! The only thing he had wide open was his mouth...it don't know what you people are arguing, the man never said "box" so he never called time-in! I wish Joe Cortez would just retire and stop ruining fights just like he ruin the Soto Vs Lorenzo fight! The guy clearly dislikes Mexican boxers and he can't ref for ****. I really don't understand how he's in the hall of fame!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post

Look at Cortez face....he looks like he has downsyndrome ...dumb mothaf$#@^!!!!

Comment

• Cortez phucked up and he knows it!
                    answer me this JOe
                    if it indeed went down like you said it did then why the phack did your ****** az turn away
                    you are the ref in charge of the fight and are suppose to be paying attention at all times
                    not looking at some big titty wh ore in the first row

Comment

• Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
                      Cortez, Ortiz and Mayweather, they all did something wrong...

1.Cortez was not in control of the situation.
                      2.Ortiz headbutt was ****** and he shoudn't apologize a 100 times for it, one time is enough and please, no hugging.
                      3.Mayweather took advantage of the situation knowing that Ortiz was not ready to fight.

The result: A poor fight with a bad ending...Not the fight of the decade, not the fight of the year, not the fight of the week, not even the best fight of the night...
                      This.

All three of them should be ashamed of their performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X