Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a sad nite for boxing !!

Cortez is not a sorry person, I have no Character attack towards him

BUT

He has badly slipped as REF,,way before this fight.

It was OH NO when we all heard he was ref.

HE did NOT keep Jr in the corner

HE DID turn his back on the fighters and he NEVER GAVE THE HAND signals to bring them back together to fight like competent REFS do !!!

NO EXCUSES, my man lost and it was his fault, he didn't need to continually apologize, just one glove gesture was enough, keep your eyes on Jr, cause he is looking like the dog who wants to bite you from behind !!!

ORTIZ didn't pressure but when he did he put Jr in the ropes and was busting that bald head , hahahaha,,,,he didn't need to use his head as a battering ram, his fists were doing just fine , but he didn't fight thru the initial frustration we all knew was coming.

At least there are no more doubts !!!!!!!!!!!

Jr is not as good as everybody says he is. He is not even an all time great.

He would not make a bad pimple on the butt of whoever is the GOAT !!

But I got to hand it to him, he is the GOAT bad sportsman in the ring.

Even Pac himself said "poor sportsman ship, legal punch"

yep my mang lost, hope he gets the rematch before Pac fights him cause if JR fights Pac he will be without any hope, Pac will stomp a large mudhole in him and he will deflate and look like roadkill on a hot Texas summer day.

Comment

• cortez phucked up!! but it is what it is.. floyd knew ortiz wasnt ready and he took full advantages of that and ortiz should have been paying attention anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        **** a real fight, this is prizefighting at the highest level. Cortez never said start fighting again, plain and simple. Had he said that, fair game. He didn't as indicated in the ****ing fact that he wasn't even looking at the fighters yet and how had he called the fight to commence when the Floyd huggers say he did the clock would have expired for the round by the time Floyd threw those sucker shots. There was 9 seconds left in the rd when Cortez called time out.

It's bs and if you think otherwise, so suck Floyd's c*ck some more.
        So what did Cortez mean when he said let's go and clapped his hands between. After he looked at the time keeper and said time in. Did you not see this?
        Last edited by zzat; 09-19-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Before the fight everyone was questioning Cortez being ref because of his incompetence and he proved everyone right. Like I said yesterday I refuse to watch another fight that he is involved in because he is flat out horrible. He needs to be retired now!

Comment

• I think Cortez did tell them "Let´s go" and made a gesture which could be interpreted as a signal for the fighters to resume with the bout. But even so he lost control of the fight in that moment. While he looked away, theoretically both Floyd or Ortiz could have committed a foul and Cortez would have never seen or known it because he had elevator music playing in his head while trying to read the time keeper´s lips. As for the KO itself, my initial thought when the KO happened was "well, Floyd did it against Mosley too." Mosley wanted to talk smooth and Floyd popped him in the mouth. Apparently Victor didn´t study Floyd´s tapes properly or he wouldn´t have been so stupid to let his guard down and try to make it an apologizing contest instead of a boxing match. Like it or not, Floyd was within his rights, and Victor´s inexperience became blatantly obvious in the headbutt, his apologetic antics, the failure to keep his guard up and his behaviour and quotes after the fight. "It was fun"... Fun dude? You just let many people down by losing your cool in the ring and resorting to that headbuttin' gangsta **** that turned out to be your downfall... Let´s wait if Mayweather gives him a rematch, Pacman and Khan are probably on Floyd´s payday shortlist as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              Joe Cortez is 100% right and that is exactly what happened. Ortiz caused the situation and made it awkward. Dude made a mistake and paid for it. All these guys on here talking about "Mayweather sucker punched Ortiz" are the same people who get punched in their face and says "What you do that for" without fighting back. That's what Ortiz did. Any other fighter would have put there hands up, threw a punch back, dipped their head, evaded or something. Ortiz is dumb.
              bahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                What a sad nite for boxing !!

Cortez is not a sorry person, I have no Character attack towards him

BUT

He has badly slipped as REF,,way before this fight.

It was OH NO when we all heard he was ref.

HE did NOT keep Jr in the corner

HE DID turn his back on the fighters and he NEVER GAVE THE HAND signals to bring them back together to fight like competent REFS do !!!

NO EXCUSES, my man lost and it was his fault, he didn't need to continually apologize, just one glove gesture was enough, keep your eyes on Jr, cause he is looking like the dog who wants to bite you from behind !!!

ORTIZ didn't pressure but when he did he put Jr in the ropes and was busting that bald head , hahahaha,,,,he didn't need to use his head as a battering ram, his fists were doing just fine , but he didn't fight thru the initial frustration we all knew was coming.

At least there are no more doubts !!!!!!!!!!!

Jr is not as good as everybody says he is. He is not even an all time great.

He would not make a bad pimple on the butt of whoever is the GOAT !!

But I got to hand it to him, he is the GOAT bad sportsman in the ring.

Even Pac himself said "poor sportsman ship, legal punch"

yep my mang lost, hope he gets the rematch before Pac fights him cause if JR fights Pac he will be without any hope, Pac will stomp a large mudhole in him and he will deflate and look like roadkill on a hot Texas summer day.
                This is a very entertaining post.

Anyways here's a couple of things you might have missed.
                Before Cortez said time in - he said let's go and clapped his hands. Check the replay.

After the left hook Ortiz could have put his gloves up but instead he looked away from the threat.

Also, I believe Ortiz could have made the count and refreshed in the corner. I don't buy that he was that dazed - he was looking for a way out.

Comment

• Cortez's handling of this situation is inexcusable -- what the hell was he doing having a side conversation and not even looking at the fighters while a round is in progress? -- regarless of whether people blame or praise MW for what he did, Cortez broke a referee's cardinal rule in there

Comment

• Cortez refuses to acknowledge his mistakes and puts it all on Ortiz, what a cunt.

Comment

• Forget about what Cortez said. He did a poor job handling the situation. He didn't even have his eyes on the fighters. Mostly his fault.

I'm pissed he robbed us of an entertaining fight. Ortiz is an idiot too for his headbutt after possibly winning the round with that rally. A clean KO would have meant a lot. This will help Floyd's villian role though...
                      Last edited by -Antonio-; 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X