Comments Thread For: Fighting Words – As Always, Money May Makes ‘Em Pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

money may all day !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

With Max Kellerman, Floyd told Ortiz..'if you make any mistakes, you'll have to pay'. Who knew that Ortiz mistake was not following boxing's golden rule. Protect yourself at all times. On the job training at it's finest.

Comment

Nobody said it better than Jim Lampley. He said all he could say was we can see it both ways for and against Floyd the punch was legal but then again if u are always claiming and say you are the best fighter in the world you shouldn't have to resort to wining fights this way. Also my opinion yes the fight was getting better by the rounds anything could've happened later on as the fight went on. There is one thing that bothers me though is how Floyd doesn't really care for his fans they paid alot of money to watch the fight live and in ppv and to win in this fashion is just not right. I am not a fan of either one of them I'm just a fan of the sport and I believe we as fans of the sport got robbed out of seeing a why could've been a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by manuntd10 View Post
          Nobody said it better than Jim Lampley. He said all he could say was we can see it both ways for and against Floyd the punch was legal but then again if u are always claiming and say you are the best fighter in the world you shouldn't have to resort to wining fights this way. Also my opinion yes the fight was getting better by the rounds anything could've happened later on as the fight went on. There is one thing that bothers me though is how Floyd doesn't really care for his fans they paid alot of money to watch the fight live and in ppv and to win in this fashion is just not right. I am not a fan of either one of them I'm just a fan of the sport and I believe we as fans of the sport got robbed out of seeing a why could've been a great fight
          That Jim Lampley crap is bull. This whole thing is Ortiz's fault. To say "you shouldn't have to resort to wining fights this way" would be true if the fight itself wasn't already dirty. Once Ortiz did what he did, the whole fight changes, and now its a dirty street fight. To fault Floyd for changing with the fight is bull. He did the right thing.

Comment

Ortiz is a B**ch!! He let Money choke at the weigh in, he let Money walk in second into the ring and he tried to hug Money after he headbutted him. I was pulling for Ortiz, but I lost respect for him. Glad Money clocked his ass!

Comment

Originally posted by manuntd10 View Post
              I was expecting Ortiz to get up and continue fighting. Even though he was hit while not expecting it Money Mayweather is not known for power in his punches. Ortiz got hit with much harder shots from Berto and got off the canvas to fight harder and win the fight. I think Ortiz might have realized that he was in WAY over his head and found a way out of the fight. I do believe that he would have been stopped in the later rounds by tko and Ortiz probably thought so too and decided to end it there and collect his biggest paycheck yet. After the fight he was much too jovial for someone who had just lost his title by knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastianb7312 View Post
                Good Piece! ANd yet all you Victoria fans think that he has the blue print to beat Mayweather next time.. Sure! Sure! WOman lie , Men lie but numbers dont! The writer is right, you ask of two athletes to go in there and knock each others head off to unconsciousness but yet want to play kissy kissy and give hugs.. Eff that... Its a Gladiator sport and they aren't passing out girl scout cookies.. Sure it was unfortunate for the fans who paid alot of money to have it end that way... BUt Karma is a *****! And a lesson learned is a lesson earned... Now hopefully we can see Money MAy vs Pacroid...That is what the fans want and I think we all deserve to see that fight...Boxing needs that fight! Money May all Day!
                After Saturdays fight, I seriously doubt many people want to see May vs Pac now.

Manny doesn't want to fight Floyd and nobody from his team nor his fans want Manny to face him and get beaten. They were hoping Floyd's legs were gone so he wouldn't move around as much. Hoping his reflexes were shot after the long lay-offs. They saw otherwise.

What's Pacquiao going to do? Out-box him? Shoot rapid fire one-two's hoping something will land? Match him defense for defense?

Pacquiao does not want to fight Floyd, but Amir Khan has been calling out Floyd like he wants some.

All Amir Khan has to do is pull a Hatton-esque blurb out of his butt and say something foolish to get Floyd's attention.

Comment

Now whose in damage control? rolf Floyd fans trying to justify Floyds action. What a load of BS!

Sure Ortiz was terribly outmatched anyway but that doesn't mean he had no more chance. Ortiz lack focus and patience and that lead to his downfall. Truth be told Floyd has no honor whatsoever. Ortiz gave Floyd a cheap shot but to result to an even cheaper shot is just juvenile. Floyd just can't be mature and be the bigger man. Bet you Floyd fans consider this a legit win for Floyd huh? Well whatever tickles your butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                    Yeah, but left out the fact that Mayweather avoided the big Pacquiao question by throwing a hissy fit with Merchant.
                    I'd just written 2,000 words on the fight. Sometimes some stuff can wait, especially when my colleagues have also had a take on the Merchant episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. David View Post
                      I'd just written 2,000 words on the fight. Sometimes some stuff can wait, especially when my colleagues have also had a take on the Merchant episode.
                      David - is there any way you can help me find the official judges scoring at the time of stoppage for - Jones/Said, Alvarez/Gomez and FMJ/Ortiz? I've asked a few on here including Jake Donavon but have yet to see a response. Would greatly appreciate it.

BTW, good article as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X