No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Returns, Boxing World is Buzzing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
    Ban this fool please. Stop talking out your ass.
    He's right. Floyd is nothing but a DIRTY TREACHEROUS COWARD.
    Anyone who says that what he did is acceptable is as guilty as Floyd in driving more people away from boxing. No true boxing fan should condone such a despicable and cowardly act.

Comment

Originally posted by AEOUS ETERNALIS View Post
      not only will be floyd be labeled as a duck he will be forever remembered as a cheater. kinda like margarito
      why u mad weeks ago u were saying how ortiz didnt have a chance against floyd cuz he's a quitter, now that floyd beat him like u said he will ur still mad, was it cuz u wanted ortiz to win or cuz u actually thought ortiz would win

Comment

People who see Floyd as a cheater is full of it. Vic should've just fought and not used his head. He got exactly what he deserved, a double of that sleep medicine. GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
          If Floyd got KO'd by a headbutt? Then Ortiz would be DQ'd for certain. I'd have been unbelievable pissed if this had happened. I was pissed that Ortiz tried to headbutt him in the first place; I'd have gone ballistic if it had caused the fight to end.

And did Arturo Gatti deserve to be sucker punched twice by Mayweather? Let's not act like this is Mayweather's first time doing this. Gatti was always a clean classy warrior. There was zero reason for Mayweather to do that to Gatti. What is your excuse for that?
          Oh ****, I forgot about that one. Pretty similar circumstances (except of course for the Ortiz headbutt). Definately shows the difference in the type of fighter Gatti (RIP) and Ortiz were though, doesn't it. Gatti got hit with a hell of a shot and got back up....

Comment

JAKE -

Is there any way to get the official judges score cards at the time of stoppage for the Jones/Said, Alvarez/Gomez and FMJ/Ortiz fights??? Would love to see what the judges had it at the time of stoppage. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Was it classy what Floyd did? Maybe not. But it was right. There was only one fighter in the ring last night. Ortiz, much as he was before and during the Maidana fight, is more interested in being famous and people liking him. In the ring you can't keep one eye on your approval rating (cameras) and one eye on your opponent. He knows that now. Incidentally, a bit like watching a big dumb dog fight a cobra. Few ply the sweet science as sweetly (or as meanly) as Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

some side points -- props to Ortiz for refusing to be baited by Larry Merchant into blaming Mayweather in the post fight interview (even though he somewhat changed his tune later on) -- props to Mayweather for putting Merchant in his place in his post-fight interview -- NO props for Cortez for carrying on a side conversation during a round

Comment

real talk

Comment

Haters and racist

First of all I know that people want to see Money lose but cmon. I keep hearing about the tko like the dogon headbutt never happen. I mean if u look at the replay the tko was out of pure anger. U mean to tell me that if u in a fight and someone headbutts u, not only headbutts u, but puts a hole under ur lip that just because u say sorry that it's suppose to be all cool? GET THE **** OUT OF HERE. That apology wasn't goin to close that hole up under his lip. Ortiz got what he deserved! If the headbutt never happened then he would have just continued gettin his butt wooped. Cuz he was clearly gettin dominated!!! Just be real and stop hatin.

Comment

1. Ortiz headbutts Mayweather twice. First was hard to notice but if you rewind you will see. Second one was the one they agreed to work with because it was more noticeable.
                      2. The referees looks away from the fighters for way too long. It's as if he is protecting himself so if in the future he were to ever get questioned, he can simply say I was not looking. Any boxing referee knows that you keep your eye on the fighters at all times.
                      3. Ortiz's post fight attitude. He was HAPPY! For someone who had so much riding on the fight, that attitude simply did not match one of a fighter who just did the most regrettable thing in his life.
                      4. Mayweathers mention of a rematch (another cash cow for both).
                      5. How Ortiz overdid the hugging. Ok he did it once, cool, but it seems like he kept on doing it so as to allow Floyd to continue with the preplan of sucker punching him.

Floyd Mayweather Victor Ortiz Joe Cortez you are all a disgrace to boxing and have ruined the sport I love

Comment

Working...
                      X