Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz Official Round by Round Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and i can't believe ppl think it was staged.....that punched rocked the **** out of Ortiz.....the fight is on youtube...have a look. The back of his head hit the canvas that's how much of a jolt the punch gave him because he wasn't looking......Cortez clearly sdays "let's go" aswell........WTF was Cortez doing looking away....IT CONFUSED ORTIZ

here, look and listen....the punch killed him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySmvJntVruw

That's what happens when you are limp and don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
      Lmao, this **** was fixed. Garcia stepped up to the ring as soon as Victor got dropped then immediately went back down. Must have missed his cue.
      Team Ortiz were in over their heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        oh, i should rephrase. Mexican-americans.

whenever there is one, you hate. that's what you do.
        Again is that sarcasm, or do you actually believe that?

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
          one thing we are overlooking in this controversy is how good Floyd actually looked.....

Floyd wasn't that good. When Ortiz would stand still like a tard, he got teed off on.

But for the most part, the amount that Ortiz was able to pressure him. I think Pacquiao could actually beat him.

Much faster, more powerful, more experienced. Pacquiao could actually beat floyd at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
            it's not that cut and dry, sorry dude.......

i am a bit of a conspiracy guy and the lack of professionalism by all parties involved suggests i might have a legitimate critique about this situation in the fight.....

how many title bouts has cortez refereed???

floyd's been in a bunch of title fights, but i will give him the fact that he's an opportunist, hence the way he scored his ko.......

ortiz is a professional who is a guy that has proven that he takes his health more seriously than winning, hence the quitting against maidana, so in his biggest fight of his life, wouldn't it behoove him to protect himself at all times, the very same rule that has been pounded into his head everyday of his life inside the ring and gym!?!? doesn't it seem odd of such a lack of focus, then back to the standard, it is what it is....

but the clincher for me was when ortiz said for no reason, and there was NEVER ANY MENTION PRIOR of joe cortez in his interview, but ortiz says as the very last thing, which stands out like the lone white guy at a black panthers rally, was, ortiz said, " you can't blame the ref "........ why?!?! that was so out of place and NOWHERE NEAR any part of the interview, joe cortez........

doesn't sit right with me, sorry, i didn't believe in saddams weapons of mass destructions neither, or hope and change we can believe in.............. sorry broski, i do my own thing.
            a conspiracy guy?????? dude. you be a "conspiracy guy" I'm gonna go with the hard evidence right in front of my face.

GOOD DAY SIR.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
              The ref said "lets go" at 3:22. Anybody *****in at Floyd is simply a hater.

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
              I LIKE WHERE YOU'RE HEAD IS AT, I'VE MENTIONED THIS TO A FEW PEOPLE ON FB AND TWITTER, NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING.

i've said this is important because i do not rightly recall cortez properly resetting the fighters and the action and calling "TIME" back in officially...... then looking away like he was trying to get P-diddy's attention in the front row or something.....
              Listen to Cortez call "time" with 9 seconds left, clearly time hasn't expired.

Comment

• To all the posters that actually had Ortiz winning any rounds need to seriously get their eyes checked or learn how to score a round.. Ortiz head butted like a idiot and paid the price. Ortiz was scared, getting outclassed and got completely annihilated

Comment

Floyd wasn't that good. When Ortiz would stand still like a tard, he got teed off on.

But for the most part, the amount that Ortiz was able to pressure him. I think Pacquiao could actually beat him.

Much faster, more powerful, more experienced. Pacquiao could actually beat floyd at this point.

agree. MPO is a huge threat, but the same is true from the other perspective. Problem for Manny is that he is smaller reach wise and Floyd can punch down at him. Problem for Floyd is Manny's speed. Manny will hit Floyd hard at times i can guarantee that, but if Floyd get's into a groove and Manny gets discouraged it will be easy for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
                    It was still dirty, though.

LOL.
                    it was fucking brilliant is what it was.

my rock-on still hasn't gone down 4 hours later.

Comment

Exactly bro.

Seeing the way that fight was actually going. I think Pacquiao could actually beat Mayweather.

He's faster and more powerful than Ortiz. Ortiz was pressuring him and giving him a rough time. With pacquiao's speed, power and experience. Floyd may actually lose.
                      So all you saw was Floyd coming forward. But you didn't acknowledged of how he fought at long range which allowed to gave himself enough room to timed Ortiz whenever he bull-rushed in. Yes, Manny has the speed, Power, and the angle punches, but Floyd will fight him at long range and Manny's arm length disadvantage will force him to jump in and he's not gonna have much success using his angle punches against Floyd's well timed jabs and over right punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X