Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao-Mayweather can't be made for May, Top Rank will make Pacquiao-Bradley.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    How easily people forget

Tim, Amir, and Ortiz were all in the same division just a few months ago. The billy goat was #1 in the division, Amir was #2 and Ortiz was... #7

Bradley>>>>>>>>>>>>Ortiz as a fighter, this is a fact.
    I know....it would be brutally apparent in the ring with Ortiz getting tagged and side stepped all night.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      we can still see bradley/khan at 147 in the future.
      All the big names at 140 will be 147ers within 6 months or so. Not only will we be able to get Bradley-Khan, we can see other matchups too like Khan-Ortiz, Bradley-Ortiz, or Ortiz-Maidana again and Devon Alexander just joined the frey by signing with GBP.

It's going to be a mad dash for that cash cow spot in the next year or so at 147. Pacquiao won't have a shortage of opponents until his retirement and Floyd can pick any of those guys for his annual fight, if he doesn't 'retire' again.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Realistically, Bradley would beat Ortiz and Khan....
        Maybe he could. But what I'm trying to get at is that many of the Pac fans who hated on Bradley are going to change their opinions on him if the fight gets signed. If I remember correctly Bradley did call out Pac way before he signed with Arum. All I read after that was "Bradley is a bum who headbutts. He ducked Khan. Khan will whip his ass. Pac will destroy him. He doesn't deserve to fight him." All that noise.

But if that fight gets signed it will be a whole different tune. Because how can you brag about a Pac victory if it is against a bum who had no business being in the ring with him in the first place?

Comment

bradley wont even fight khan only reason he would fight pac is for money

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Not so fast homey. I see an awful lot of posters saying things like that. But Ortiz's credentials at welterweight boss on Bradley's & Khans, period. Which of course ties into the well used phraze on bs about different weight classes on all. Out of Bradley, Ortiz & Khan, Ortiz is a better welterweight until proven otherwise.
            All Ortiz did was beat a grossly overrated Berto (and tasted the canvass twice), I wouldn't really call that 'bossing' especially since Bradley completely dominated the undefeated Abregu at 147. But at 140, Ortiz was bossed by Maidana who lost to Khan. Bradley completely outclassed Peterson who gave Ortiz a boxing lesson after a rough start.

Again, Bradley>>>>>>>>Ortiz as a fighter, this is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Not so fast homey. I see an awful lot of posters saying things like that. But Ortiz's credentials at welterweight boss on Bradley's & Khans, period. Which of course ties into the well used phraze on bs about different weight classes on all. Out of Bradley, Ortiz & Khan, Ortiz is a better welterweight until proven otherwise.
              More like everyone getting clouded by the berto win, without really evaluating what berto had done to make the champion.

Comment

All the big names at 140 will be 147ers within 6 months or so. Not only will we be able to get Bradley-Khan, we can see other matchups too like Khan-Ortiz, Bradley-Ortiz, or Ortiz-Maidana again and Devon Alexander just joined the frey by signing with GBP.

It's going to be a mad dash for that cash cow spot in the next year or so at 147. Pacquiao won't have a shortage of opponents until his retirement and Floyd can pick any of those guys for his annual fight, if he doesn't 'retire' again.
                agree with everything you said.

the ww division is about to be hot again.

Comment

So now people are *****ing about Pac facing an undefeated, top P4P ranked, young in his prime, African American fighter, who will be bigger than Pac on fight night? Makes sense.

Now will 2012 be late enough so we can claim Pac still ducked Bradley, like SSM and JMM, even though he is fighting him?

Comment

Originally posted by 2stepshep View Post
                    Maybe he could. But what I'm trying to get at is that many of the Pac fans who hated on Bradley are going to change their opinions on him if the fight gets signed. If I remember correctly Bradley did call out Pac way before he signed with Arum. All I read after that was "Bradley is a bum who headbutts. He ducked Khan. Khan will whip his ass. Pac will destroy him. He doesn't deserve to fight him." All that noise.

But if that fight gets signed it will be a whole different tune. Because how can you brag about a Pac victory if it is against a bum who had no business being in the ring with him in the first place?
                    Oh yeah, I get what you're saying. I can see it happening too, in the ring Bradley would surprise or extremely piss off a lot of his "haters" by what he is able to do against those two guys....I'll put it that way.

Comment

All Ortiz did was beat a grossly overrated Berto (and tasted the canvass twice), I wouldn't really call that 'bossing' especially since Bradley completely dominated the undefeated Abregu at 147. But at 140, Ortiz was bossed by Maidana who lost to Khan. Bradley completely outclassed Peterson who gave Ortiz a boxing lesson after a rough start.

Again, Bradley>>>>>>>>Ortiz as a fighter, this is a fact.
                      140 has nothing to do with 147. Comparing Abregu to Berto is silly. Overrated or not Berto is still light years ahead of Abregu. Like I said Ortiz's credentials at 147 boss on Bradley & Khan has none. But while we're on the subject of previous weight classes, Prescott, nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                      X