Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't think of any current fighter that hasn't fought dirty, someone prove me wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bose View Post
    Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, in this particular order
    yes i was referring to the ts branding every current fighter dirty. ts is not happy that people consider floyd a dirty fighter so he's trying to justify.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      Floyds body of work in the inside are punches during the break (legal) and body shots (usually uppercuts) to the body with his free hand. He is only able to do this because his elbow is the first thing he lifts when his opponent attempts to initiate a clinch. It's always been that way. He shoves a lot too, a WHOLE lot.

Obviously he has his moments when he clinches as well, like most fighters, but that's on his terms. He doesn't mind initiating the clinch but he doesn't like it being initiated on him. when he DOESN'T want to be clinched, the elbow is the first thing you see, or when he's trying to work in the inside.

The elbow also prevents headbutting in the inside, which fights do a LOT purposely and accidentally. Ever wonder why floyd has never engaged in a head clash?
      The elbow is a dirty tactic, plain and simple its illegal. I don't see a LOT of fighters use the elbow like floyd has in recent fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
        hatton doesn't get enough credit for his effort against floyd, well actually floyd is using hatton in the sense that he wants ortiz to rush in on him while floyd plays the waiting came and trys to counter

i hope ortiz elbows floyd or holds floyd just as floyd is going to do

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          yes i was referring to the ts branding every current fighter dirty. ts is not happy that people consider floyd a dirty fighter so he's trying to justify.
          Ok, i get it.

With danny garcia already acknowleging floyds dirty tactics this fight may be a foul fest of a fight with ortiz retaliating which i have no problem with.

Its going to be home court for floyd all night, he fighting in vegas and he has Joe Cortez as the ref! Ortiz going to have to really be mentally strong to fight floyd, cortez, and the vegas judges ( i say judges cause we know that floyd is going to box once he feels what its like to be in the ring with ortiz).

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
            The elbow is a dirty tactic, plain and simple its illegal. I don't see a LOT of fighters use the elbow like floyd has in recent fights.
            I didn't say it wasn't illegal. And it's a forearm, not an elbow. It's an effective weapon, don't try hugging up on him if it bothers ya so much - pretty much.

Comment

every single fighter has done something dirty in his career multiple times. if you get away with so be it might as well carry on....its the ref's job to sort that out no1 elses

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't illegal. And it's a forearm, not an elbow. It's an effective weapon, don't try hugging up on him if it bothers ya so much - pretty much.

So in other words, a fighters trys to get in close on floyd to sustain an inside attack and he gets a forearm in the face, neck and head so than it becomes he's fault for trying to smother floyd on the inside, you got to be kidding me. You pretty much want the fighter to fight floyds fight at a distance as to avoid floyds forearm...yeah, every opponet should fight on the outside, the only way to box.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                  huh?...can someone get this guy outta here?......dirty?....bradley is dirty...but marquez,pac, may,barrera, i mean countless boxers fight clean...this guy is either 5 or 500 years old!!
                  What does that make you because Barrera is one of the dirtiest fighters ever.

Find me some dirty stuff of Carl Froch please. Cleanest dude in the sport.

IN all seriousness, I'd like to see some dirty on Winky, Martinez, Donaire, Roy Jones, and Vitali to name a few.
                  Froch hooks and hits and throws back hands. Martinez throws backhands consistently as well as slapping almost open hand shots. Winky leads with his head plenty behind that high guard. Donaire is pretty clean. Vitaly is only dirty in dog fights like with Lenox and both of their punching behind the head. Any elite fighter is gonna need some tricks for longevity and greatness. You can be completely "clean" and be good. But when you run across a great fighter like BHop or Barrera you're at a disadvantage trust me.

Comment

The only truly clean fighter I can think of is James Toney.

Comment

PAC fight dirty. He fakes you with a jab and clock you cold with his right LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X