Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali's best career win is against a guy who lost to Chad Dawson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The win proves Liston, Tyson, Frazier, Holyfield, would have problems with Vitali due to size.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
      The win proves Liston, Tyson, Frazier, Holyfield, would have problems with Vitali due to size.
      lolZ

NO, it doesn't prove anything like that

styles and other physical assets come into play

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        I'll grant sanders has a chance...now name the other Heavyweights Vit has defeated Adamek couldn't beat or who were more skilled?
        Slick Larry Donald would give Adamek all kinds of problems, as would Kevin Johnson and Juan Carlos Gomez.

I'm not sure if Adamek has the power at HW to keep prime Danny Williams or to keep the hard-punching Kirk Johnson off him.

Comment

Vitali's best win was Sam Peter by far, but Adamek is definitely 2nd.

Sanders, like Puritty is over-rated for what he did to both Klitschkos. Sanders had been KO'd twice before in quicker fashion by Rahman and Nate Tubbs. Not a biggie that Vitali defeated him.

Comment

man what a dumb ass statement

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Slick Larry Donald would give Adamek all kinds of problems, as would Kevin Johnson and Juan Carlos Gomez.

I'm not sure if Adamek has the power at HW to keep prime Danny Williams or to keep the hard-punching Kirk Johnson off him.
              Based on the versions who fought Vitali:

Gomez would be too old to keep up with Adamek moving on him, and is a one handed fighter at that point; Johnson doesn't throw enough and simply has proved not to be very good (also can't break an egg); Donald was never that slick and had slow feet (for God's sake, he fought a draw with the TERRIBLE Ray Austin shortly after Klitschko); Danny williams got outboxed by Julius Francis so, yeah, Adamek can handle that; and Kirk Johnson? The 260 lb. whale version Klit harpooned?

Really?

Yeah, I'm sticking with Adamek as the best fighter he's ever beaten. He's an A-quality fighter moved up to heavy. You just named some B-'s, C's, and a D-Cup special.

Good for a laugh to remember some of the, um, talent over the years. Louis fought a lot of mierde too. It's all good.
              Last edited by crold1; 09-11-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Tells you a lot about the state of the heavyweight division these days.
                At least he doesnt headbutt/hold/run his way through boring decisions like your mancrush Ward.

Comment

I would consider Sanders to be Vitali's best win personally.
                  Second best would be Adamek.

I give credit where its due. Vitali fought a highly ranked opponent who was actually in good shape for once, unlike guys like Sam Peter and Kirk Johnson who showed up as fat blobs.

its one of his best wins, especially considerign his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    I would consider Sanders to be Vitali's best win personally.
                    Second best would be Adamek.

I give credit where its due. Vitali fought a highly ranked opponent who was actually in good shape for once, unlike guys like Sam Peter and Kirk Johnson who showed up as fat blobs.

its one of his best wins, especially considerign his age.
                    This is the way I see it and one of the reasons I favor Adamek over Sanders (and they are, IMO, the easy 1-2) is because Sanders showed up looking like he just got off the stool next to Norm. 10 lbs. heavier than for his previous, and only meaningful (and a little bit flukish) win? For a guy with a questionable chin, stamina, that was a bad look. That Sanders versus Adamek on Saturday? I favor Adamek. He could have endured the whopping round or two of heat Sanders had to offer and boxed the rest of the way. Throw in career accomplishment and it's a no brainer to Adamek IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      Chad Dawson beat a better faster Adamek.

The Adamek yesterday was slow and punchdrunk from all the punishment he recieved from recent heavyweight fights. He almost got kod by Michael Grant for christs sake.
                      No he didn't. Chad beat a lethargic weight drained totally unaggressive Adamek who did next to nothing for ten rounds till he got the knock down. This isn't revisionism to make Vitali's win look better because that version of Adamek was no great shakes either. Like Haye, Adamek was at his best in the cruisers. True one punch power and the chin to take most guys' best shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X