No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Beat Them, Pacquiao Takes My Leftovers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Williamb45 View Post
    Well Clottey did beat Judah and Baldomir (you would know he did if you watched the fight) who are floyds 2nd and 3rd best wins at WW
    Really? When did Clottey beat Baldomir? Lol

And the Judah fight was stopped due to a cut...... You can't compare the two.

Comment

Im convinced that something is not right with Floyd mentally....

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
        Really? When did Clottey beat Baldomir? Lol

And the Judah fight was stopped due to a cut...... You can't compare the two.
        Clottey got disqualified for head butting too much against Baldomir. Judah said he got head butted but Clottey was beating him but you know Judah and his dramatic endings. This is what I mean, Pac fans just spew out everything they hear without knowing or checking it out themselves. Clottey was and always will be an underachiever as a fighter/boxer. Notice how he hasn't tried to get a fight once. That pay off Arum gave Clottey for throwing the fight set him up lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          Clottey got disqualified for head butting too much against Baldomir. Judah said he got head butted but Clottey was beating him but you know Judah and his dramatic endings. This is what I mean, Pac fans just spew out everything they hear without knowing or checking it out themselves. Clottey was and always will be an underachiever as a fighter/boxer. Notice how he hasn't tried to get a fight once. That pay off Arum gave Clottey for throwing the fight set him up lovely.
          I wasn't sure if he was a pac fan or a Clottey fan lol

Either way he didn't know what he was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by VERMIN View Post
            errrrrrrrrrrrr try again
            so morales marquez and barerra weren't at their prime when Pac fought them?

Comment

this article is terribly written why didnt he just name it I DONT AGREE WITH FLOYDS DUMB ASS ARGUMENTS?

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                The guys he beat at lower weight were not prime. If you think they were prime, what were they when they were fighting Junior Jones and Kennedy McKinney? Still learning? Youre smoking crack. They were in many wars years before Pac was on the scene. He came along right when they were falling off, right when Corrales and Castillo smoked each other, ran up in weight as soon as Valero was calling him out. Avoided the best and fought the weakest links who had titles or guys with names who were on their way out like Chololo.
                I disagree, Morales was coming off a loss (MD to Barrera) in their first meeting which was the only the second loss of his career (both to Barrera). How was Morales shot or on his way out in their first fight he WON. Now after the first fight I will admit he was done.

Barrera was a few loses in but before he fought Pac the first time he was on a 8 fight winning streak which included names such as Naseem Hamed (undefeated), Erik Morales, Jonny Tapia, and Kevin Kelley and after his first fight with Pac he continued on to beat Morales again and the Rocky Juarez twice. Don't see that as on the way out either second fight different story again.

Marquez, when he fought Pac the first time he was a well respected champ then after the epic battle he showcased in their first fight went on to beat Orlando Salido, a loss to Chris John, but then beat Barrera and Juarez before losing to Pac the second time in controversial fashion. Then after that he has moved up in weight and won very impressive fights against Juan Diaz (twice) Joel Casamayor, Michael Katsidis with a loss to Floyd mixed in there.

So I don't see your logic on how they were on their way out or they were just names with belts. Sorry

Oh and I dont smoke crack HAHAHAHAHA
                Last edited by HattonFaithful; 09-08-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chinoy View Post
                  Im convinced that something is not right with Floyd mentally....
                  I agree, 100% Retiring for good after the Ortiz fight
                  might be a better option

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    For the most part, Floyd Mayweather Jr. spoke softly and respectfully about his opponent Victor Ortiz during a conference call on Wednesday. But Mayweather’s comments turned toxic when the subject turned to potential foe Manny Pacquiao and his reign atop the sport. In a withering assessment of Pacquiao’s opposition in recent years, Mayweather described his choice of opponents as his own “leftovers,” a reference to Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley and Oscar De La Hoya, whom Mayweather faced and beat before Pacquiao had the chance to do the same. Continually referring to himself in the third person, Mayweather didn’t hold back in demeaning Pacquiao’s choice of opponents.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    Mayweather is wrong here.

What I mean is, he is correct, but not comprehensively.

Pacquiao is nothing compared to Mayweather, and he is absolutely riding on Floyd's coat-tails.

Yes, Mayweather beats them first, and Pacquiao cleans up the scraps, but there is more to it. Mayweather is fighting the third consecutive opponent that Pacquiao had already ducked.

Mayweather is sweeping the street of anything dangerous, and Pacquiao is following behind and living off his scraps.

Same old story that has been happening since Dec 2009..... Mayweather will front up, but Pacquiao will not. That kid is a hypejob.

Comment

Originally posted by HattonFaithful View Post
                      You cant really use the fact that Pac being carefully handled as of late to Gloyd being carefully handled his entire career. Look at who Pac fought at lower weights, Marquez had two AMAZING fights with him (closely disputed or not great fights), an AMAZING trilogy with Morales, and two great fights with Barerra, all of who were at their prime and great fighters. Both Pac and PBF are big names and were found out to be great talents, you cant blame them for how they or their promoters decide to handle them.
                      They were not prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X