No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Just because he was 1 slot behind him, doesn't mean the general public thought he was better or that they were even debating that he was better for that matter.

For example, Fighter A is 10x better than Fighter B. Just because Fighter B is regarded as the next best fighter, that still doesn't take away from the fact that it's a landslide between the two fighters. This was the consenus.

No one was seriously trying to debate that Pac was better than Mayweather in 2006. Someone has to fill the P4P slot behind Mayweather. That doesn't mean that Mayweather's not 10x better than whoever fills the slot.
    look @ this arse hole posting on Pac/mayweather thread all day

give it a rest hommie ur d!cksucking floyd is getting too obvious

Comment

• Pacquio was the no1 fighter in around 2006. When he beat Barrera he had beat anyone better than Floyd. Pac might not have been no1 p4p in the ring ratings, but that was only on a tecnicality really.
      They just couldnt be bothered to move Floyd, and Floyd was unbeaten and just waiting for Pac to beat FLoyd to put Pac above Floyd.

Comment

• if Floyd and Pac want to be considered P4P KING they need to take on real challenges like BARKER THE GOAT FARMER.

Comment

• Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
          pac just started competiting with floyd in 09 u said, in 06 he was right behind floyd already. how can pac just started competiting with floyd in 09 when in 06 he's a step behind floyd on p4p list. this is about who has the better resume overall not who has the better resume from 96-08.
          Here's another example.

Player A wins the Heisman vote with 2000 votes. Player B comes in 2nd place with 2 votes. Ya, I guess they're really competing and it's up for debate on who's the better player right? You're right, 2000 votes to 2 votes is a close call!

You guys are funny!

Comment

Here's another example.

Player A wins the Heisman vote with 2000 votes. Player B comes in 2nd place with 2 votes. Ya, I guess they're really competing and it's up for debate on who's the better player right? You're right, 2000 votes to 2 votes is a close call!

You guys are funny!
            Actually that analogy is the fighter of the year analogy.

And, not only has Pac won more fighter of the year than Floyd has. But, had more prior to 2009 by the BWAA. And the same amount by ring magazine. If you count 2009, then he had more by both.

Comment

Here's another example.

You guys are funny!
              Again ur just making up numbers to debate. Show me where it says Floyd has 3000 votes and manny has 4. I'll wait, if ur gonna go and use ur dumb logic to compare then please show me where it says Floyd had that many votes compare to manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                This is almost debated as often as the whole drug testing thing, right?! Who, in your mind, has the better resume. I will list all notable fighters that are either all-time great, all-time really good, all-time good, and all-time pretty good for each guy. I will also list age and whether or not they were in their prime, and side notes of each fighter. I will list losses and draws, as its only fair when youlook at both. Forget controverial fights, as Mayweather is unbeaten and Pacquiao beat Marquez.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25 knockouts)
                1998: Genaro Hernandez- TKO 8 (38-1-1, age 32) Hadn't lost in 3 years and undefeated at 130. Past prime-still really good.

1998: Angel Manfredy- TKO 2 (25-2-1, age 24) Hadn't lost in over 4 years and coming off beating a prime Arturo Gatti. Prime.

2001: Diego Corrales- TKO 10 (33-0, age 23) Unbeaten. Prime.

2001: Carlos Hernandez- UD (33-2-1, age 30) Hadn't lost in over 4 years. Latter Prime.

2001: Jesus Chavez- TKO 9 (35-1, age 28) Hadn't lost in over 6 years. Latter Prime.

2002: Jose Luis Castillo- UD (45-4-1, age 28) Hadn't lost in 4 years, and coming off wins over Stevie Johnston and Cesar Bazan. Latter Prime.

2002: Jose Luis Castillo- UD (46-5-1, age 28) Immediate rematch. Latter prime.

2003: Phillip N'dou- TKO 7 (31-1, age 26) Hadn't lost in over 5 years. Prime.

2005: Arturo Gatti- TKO 6 (39-6, age 33) Hadn't lost in 3 years, coming off 5 wins. Past prime.

2006: Zab Judah- UD (34-3, age 28) Coming off win over Cory Spinks and loss to Baldomir. Latter prime.

2006: Carlos Baldomir- UD (43-9-6, age 35) Coming off win over Judah and hadn't lost in 8 years. Past prime.

2007: Oscar De La Hoya- SD (38-4, age 34) Coming off loss to Hopkins and than retired for 2 years. Than beat Mayorga in his first fight back. Mayweather went up to 154 lbs. Past Prime.

2007: Ricky Hatton- TKO 10 (43-0, age 29) Unbeaten. Went up to 147 lbs for Mayweather's title. Had fought there before. Coming off wins over Tszyu, Castillo, Collazo, and Urango. Latter prime.

2009: Juan Manuel Marquez- UD (50-4-1, age 36) Went up to 144 lbs. Only loss in 3 years against Pacquiao a year earlier. Past prime-still good.

2010: Shane Mosley- UD (46-5, age 38) Hadn't lost in 3 years, comingg off win over Margarito. Past prime.

2011: Victor Ortiz- ??? (29-2-2, age 24) Hasn't lost in 2 years, coming off win over previously unbeaten Andre Berto. Prime.

Manny Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 knockouts)

1996: Rustico Torrecampo- L KO 3 (11-4-4, age 25) Pacquiao forced to use larger gloves. Prime, but not good.

1999: Medgoen Singsurat- L TKO 3 (18-0, age 21) Unbeaten. Early career, but not good.

2001: Lehlohonolo Ledwaba- KO 6 (33-1-1, age 29) Hadn't lost in 8 years. Latter prime.

2001: Agapito Sanchez- DRAW (31-9-2, age 31) Hadn't lost in 3 years. Latter prime, but not good.

2003: Marco Antonio Barrera- TKO 11 (57-3, age 29) Hadn't lost in 3 years, coming of win over Erik Morales. Latter prime.

2004: Juan Manuel Marquez- DRAW (42-2, age 30) Hadn't lost in 5 years. Latter prime.

2005: Erik Morales- L UD (47-2, age 28) Coming off wins over Carlos Hernandez and Jesus Chavez, and a loss to Barrera. Latter prime.

2006: Erik Morales- TKO 10 (48-3, age 29) Coming off loss to Raheem. Latter prime.

2006: Erik Morales- KO 3 (48-4, age 30) Immediate rematch. Past prime-still good.

2007: Jorge Solis- KO 8 (33-0-2, age 27) Unbeaten. Prime.

2008: Juan Manuel Marquez- SD (48-3-1, age 35) Hadn't lost in 2 years. Coming off win over Barrera and loss to Chris John. Past prime-still good.

2008: David Diaz- TKO 9 (34-1-1, age 32) Hadn't lost in 3 years, coming off win over Morales. Unbeaten at 135. Past prime-still good.

2008: Oscar De La Hoya - TKO 8 (39-5, age 35) Coming off loss to Mayweather and win over Forbes. Oscar went down to 145 lbs. Past prime.

2009: Ricky Hatton- KO 2 (45-1, age 30) Coming off loss to Mayweather, and wins over Malignaggi and Lazcano. Unbeaten at 140. Past prime-still good.

2009: Miguel Cotto- TKO 12 (34-1, age 29) Coming off loss to Margarito, and wins over Jennings and Clottey. Past prime-still really good.

2010: Joshua Clottey- UD (35-3, age 33) Coming off loss to Cotto, and hadn't won in 2 years. Past prime-still good.

2010: Antonio Margarito- UD (38-6, age 32) Coming off loss to Mosley. Past prime.

2011: Shane Mosley- UD (46-1-1, age 39) Coming off loss to mayweather and a draw with Mora. Past prime.

2011: Juan Manuel Marquez- ??? (53-5-1, age 38) Hasn't lost since Mayweather in two years. Going up to 144 lbs. Past prime.

So, who has the better resume???
                Right now it's a bit of a toss up. The only way it can be settled is in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                  Again ur just making up numbers to debate. Show me where it says Floyd has 3000 votes and manny has 4. I'll wait, if ur gonna go and use ur dumb logic to compare then please show me where it says Floyd had that many votes compare to manny.
                  I was just using that as an example.

But which year do you want me to show you the total vote numbers?

Comment

• I do actually see where BoxingGenius is coming from.

I don't exactly agree with what he's saying. Because Pac and Mayweather have been considered the 2 best fighters in the sport for a long time.

But, he does raise a good point;

Mayweather has been considered the better fighter (Ring Magazine P4P rankings) between 1998-2008. If Pac is so much greater, why is that? Jut throwing it out there.

Also, back in 2007. ESPN didn't consider Manny Pacquaio to be even in the Top 50 of all time. As opposed to Mayweather who they had at #48 (I believe).

Has Pac really done all that much since 2007 to be considered this minimum Top 15-20 ATG and Mayweather still be lying around somewhere in the Top 35-50?

Again, I'm just playing Devil's Avocate here. I do personally think Pac is the greater fighter. But I really don't think it is by a wide margin at all.

Comment

• Pac won the fighter of the decade award. Floyd would have won the award if his resume was better than Pac. Common sense haters. Floyd is technically a better boxer but Pac is the more gifted boxer with natural skills. Dont you haters wonder why Floyd hasnt fought Pac? Floyd knows better.

Comment

Working...
                      X