No announcement yet.

VIDEOS: Comparing Ortiz training for May and Oscar training for May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    All I'm saying is this. Victor is big, aggressive, fast, has stamina, and I think that his foot speed (not foot work) allows him to be able to cut the corners a lot better than Oscar. I mean even when you look at the kid hit the bag he can step back and follow the rotation of the bag without getting touched by it...sure oscar looks a bit faster but that's because Ortiz trains resistance and strength...I'm sure Ortiz is much faster when he punches down the middle. When boxers punch down the middle in training they tend to not let their hands go as much as they could in an actual fight because their shoulders start to hurt. Anyone who has trained knows this. Yes Ortiz lunges a lot but he moves his head. It's part of his style. He lunges and moves his feet accordingly to his head which makes it look awkward especially when he's not a natural southpaw. This awkward style could trouble Mayweather and I can see why this will be Mayweathers toughest fight to date. Oscars size intimidated Mayweather to move side to side, A fast southpaw like Judah gave May troubles early, and Castillo's pressure and punch volume didn't allow May to adapt. These are all things Ortiz has! Ortiz's last two fights were more impressive than May's last two fights. Ortiz coulda beat a blown up Marquez and a 38 year old Mosley. Mayweather hasn't been tested since 2007 while Ortiz has momentum...
    Peterson-draw.Berto-where he got floored 2 timed............better than 2 shut outs????????? i mean he's a good soild fighter and earned his#2 ww shot but ww is a bad division right now and even as a Floyd fan im not gonna over hype this guy.hes gonna get his sloppy foot work having ass kicked

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
      the ortiz video has shown me alot, punches look sloppy at times, squares up way to much and footwork is bad. i think floyd picks this guy a part. ortiz is big a fuck though, I dont know how much longer he can even make 147.
      Hell, by the looks of things, whenever Victor goes up to 154 and campaigns at that weight his stay will be short. Victor is going to retire as a Middleweight. He's bigger than James Kirkland.

As far as the comparison Between DLH and VVO, the footage really highlights the disparity in talent/skill between many fighters of the current era and those of the recent past.

Comment

Floyds gonna walk Ortiz down and beat his ass landing 60 percent of his shots and stopping him in 9

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
          Peterson-draw.Berto-where he got floored 2 timed............better than 2 shut outs????????? i mean he's a good soild fighter and earned his#2 ww shot but ww is a bad division right now and even as a Floyd fan im not gonna over hype this guy.hes gonna get his sloppy foot work having ass kicked
          Better than two shut outs against a 36 year old light weight and a 38 year old shot welterweight that didn't fight for a year and a half. Peterson was a bigger test than Marquez and Berto is a better test than a washed up Mosley...

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            oscar had better handspeed and oscar had better head movement... ortiz has zero head movement and garcia doesn't force ortiz to duck down, he just goes over ortiz's head.

ortiz's head is going to be a speed bag for wifebeater... I hope he doesn't quit like a quitter.
            and that cross dresser had an excelent jab !!!!!!!

Comment

This is gonna be a good thread to come back to once Ortiz beats Floyd.

Comment

Floyds gonna walk Ortiz down and beat his ass landing 60 percent of his shots and stopping him in 9
                That's what everyone said when Ortiz fought Berto...Ortiz is an awkward style for Mayweather. This is probably the first time Mayweather is at an age disadvantage...

Comment

Comment

Better than two shut outs against a 36 year old light weight and a 38 year old shot welterweight that didn't fight for a year and a half. Peterson was a bigger test than Marquez and Berto is a better test than a washed up Mosley...
                    Name Bertos best win at ww man..then name pertersons best win period

JMM AND BERTO WERE P4P #2 AND #3

Comment

That's what everyone said when Ortiz fought Berto...
                      not me !!!!! i picked ortiz to win !!!! i was wrong when i said ortiz would stop him by the 8th round though

Comment

Working...
                      X