No announcement yet.

VIDEOS: Comparing Ortiz training for May and Oscar training for May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chavezjrmexico View Post
    i 100 % agree , you are really knowledgeable! hands down TITO_BANDITO! So far you are the only one who has spoken from a real boxer's ,trainer' or a knowledgeable fan!
    Translation-the only one who's said what i wanna hear........Ortiz is strong,but his footwork needs to be the focus cause its awful

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      you're out of your mind

Vic squares way too much he literally at times is right in front of you
      LOL^^^^^this right here
      looks like he's training to fight mma or something

Comment

All I'm saying is this. Victor is big, aggressive, fast, has stamina, and I think that his foot speed (not foot work) allows him to be able to cut the corners a lot better than Oscar. I mean even when you look at the kid hit the bag he can step back and follow the rotation of the bag without getting touched by it...sure oscar looks a bit faster but that's because Ortiz trains resistance and strength...I'm sure Ortiz is much faster when he punches down the middle. When boxers punch down the middle in training they tend to not let their hands go as much as they could in an actual fight because their shoulders start to hurt. Anyone who has trained knows this. Yes Ortiz lunges a lot but he moves his head. It's part of his style. He lunges and moves his feet accordingly to his head which makes it look awkward especially when he's not a natural southpaw. This awkward style could trouble Mayweather and I can see why this will be Mayweathers toughest fight to date. Oscars size intimidated Mayweather to move side to side, A fast southpaw like Judah gave May troubles early, and Castillo's pressure and punch volume didn't allow May to adapt. These are all things Ortiz has! Ortiz's last two fights were more impressive than May's last two fights. Ortiz coulda beat a blown up Marquez and a 38 year old Mosley. Mayweather hasn't been tested since 2007 while Ortiz has momentum...

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          All I'm saying is this. Victor is big, aggressive, fast, has stamina, and I think that his foot speed (not foot work) allows him to be able to cut the corners a lot better than Oscar. I mean even when you look at the kid hit the bag he can step back and follow the rotation of the bag without getting touched by it...sure oscar looks a bit faster but that's because Ortiz trains resistance and strength...I'm sure Ortiz is much faster when he punches down the middle. When boxers punch down the middle in training they tend to not let their hands go as much as they could in an actual fight because their shoulders start to hurt. Anyone who has trained knows this. Yes Ortiz lunges a lot but he moves his head. It's part of his style. He lunges and moves his feet accordingly to his head which makes it look awkward especially when he's not a natural southpaw. This awkward style could trouble Mayweather and I can see why this will be Mayweathers toughest fight to date. Oscars size intimidated Mayweather to move side to side, A fast southpaw like Judah gave May troubles early, and Castillo's pressure and punch volume didn't allow May to adapt. These are all things Ortiz has! Ortiz's last two fights were more impressive than May's last two fights. Ortiz coulda beat a blown up Marquez and a 38 year old Mosley. Mayweather hasn't been tested since 2007 while Ortiz has momentum...
          quit already man.....cmon

Comment

oscar had better handspeed and oscar had better head movement... ortiz has zero head movement and garcia doesn't force ortiz to duck down, he just goes over ortiz's head.

ortiz's head is going to be a speed bag for wifebeater... I hope he doesn't quit like a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              oscar had better handspeed and oscar had better head movement... ortiz has zero head movement and garcia doesn't force ortiz to duck down, he just goes over ortiz's head.

ortiz's head is going to be a speed bag for Mayweather... I hope he doesn't quit like a quitter.
              I agree

Comment

Ortiz looking strong but slow.

Comment

ortiz's head is going to be a speed bag for wifebeater... I hope he doesn't quit like a quitter.
                  First thing I noticed as well.

Comment

You got to be a moron to think Ortiz has no head movement...The only fight he didn't move his head in was the Maidana fight other than that Ortiz always gets caught with a right when he leads with his left it has nothing to do with his head movement. Ortiz moves his head frequently in every round. You guys don't study styles at all...

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                      You can tell Oscar's punches look a little more crisp and compact. Speed is about the same, but the foot movement goes to Ortiz. The power I think also goes to Ortiz...This won't be easy for Floyd...Ortiz is gonna be able to cut the ring...
                      Bold,

Also, it's gonna be Floyd cutting the ring off, remember I said that.

Comment

Working...
                      X