Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAFAEL: "This Was The Best Episode Of 24/7 Ever"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i enjoyed the ortiz part more. the mayweathers wasted 5 minutes of air time with that crap. just a typical father-son debate, spiced up.but okay whatever if hbo saw it fit for the screens, who am i to argue?

Comment

hey it is wat it is....good tv. its nothing normal to that family im sure. the only thing unique about it is that it happened when the cameras were rolling. both were wrong but that whole relationship dynamic has been screwed for quite some time, theres nothing new here really. floyd lashing out at his father for not being there. his father trying to assert his dominance and importance, rinse and repeat. "if u didnt live the life u probably couldnt relate." -styles p.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        Damn. Looking at your sig. **** me, that is a dope card.
        I just said the same ***** after lookin at his sig. Its gonna be a GREAT night of Boxing.

Comment

Floyd Senior:

"I taught him everything he knows, but I didn't teach him everything I know."

Basically saying he short changed his own son. Why wouldn't he teach his son everything he knows? Shows you what type of person PBF is dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            Of course someone who doesnt care for floyd would enjoy a moment like that,sad,sad,sad.i felt bad for that family..did anyone even notice the security guard walking Floyds little girl away cause he didnt want her to see her father and grandfather arguing???
            Larry this isnt anything new...Ive seen this at numerous family funtions for over 20 years....family argues....this is nothing surprising....

Comment

I was thinking that this was a very good ep of 24/7 even BEFORE the last five minutes.

To me, Danny Garcia's interview was some of the most heart-wrenching stuff I've seen on 24/7.

Danny broke my heart. The Mayweathers crushed my soul.
              I am a very emotional idividual. I watched this episode with my girl, and when Danny said that about his family we bother teared up a little and when Floyd sr and jr went off we did it again. It's sad because it's not a black thing or a boxing thing, it's a life thing. To think how jr has a sh it load of money and is still so very insecure as to go comPletely off on his father it's sad. His dad may be a *** at times but hey Floyd where do u think u get it from? Sr started Floyd off and Floyd is what he is partlybecause of his father and Floyd never gives him the praise that sr deserves. Floyd all pops is asking for is some respect and acknowledgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                and Floyd never gives him the praise that sr deserves. Floyd all pops is asking for is some respect and acknowledgement.
                I respectfully disagree.

PBF has given his pops TONS of credit. Example:

At the beginning of the episode, PBF gave his pops some credit.

After the Hatton loss, PBF said that Senior told Hatton the right things but Ricky didn't listen.

This was waaay back in 2007:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colum...r-family_N.htm

Egos are out of control on both sides; a father should know better. A concerned, loving parent would not try to auction himself to his son's bitter rival, even if Oscar De La Hoya would have been crazy enough to meet his $2 million asking price to retain him as trainer.

"Senior is a very proud man," De La Hoya said in a makeshift ring with a crowd cheering his name. "He wants it his way. I kind of feel for him. Deep down inside, he's a good guy. I've seen the soft side in him, but he has this hard shell that is hard to crack."

Even if you don't believe the father was motivated by money — the father said he was willing to be in the opposite corner because his son had disrespected him, so now it was time to disrespect his child — it was a move borne of immaturity by a 54-year-old man.

"My daddy's a hell of a trainer," Floyd said. "But I'm not going to stoop to his level and act like he does. I'm in my 30s, so I'm going to act like it. Sometimes, I can get a little wild and act like I'm in my 20s. But my dad's in his 50s and he's acting like he's in his teens."

The old man is old-school, a parent whom his son has said he was scared of until he was 21. "I wanted my dad to give me the same type of love that I give my own kids," Floyd said on HBO recently.

Last fall, the elder Mayweather told this newspaper "a disobedient son, who has disrespected his father year after year, will finally get his ass whipped," by De La Hoya. That would make him not the best pound-for-pound boxer, but the best "clown-for-clown."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  and Floyd never gives him the praise that sr deserves. Floyd all pops is asking for is some respect and acknowledgement.
                  "Even if we had differences in the past, no matter how it was said or done, someday my father may have to bury me or I may have to bury him," he said. "It's down to my last fight, and the truth is, my daddy's a hell of a trainer, one of the best in the business, and Freddie Roach don't come close to him."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/item_...#ixzz1WXUHKgzW

Comment

"Even if we had differences in the past, no matter how it was said or done, someday my father may have to bury me or I may have to bury him," he said. "It's down to my last fight, and the truth is, my daddy's a hell of a trainer, one of the best in the business, and Freddie Roach don't come close to him."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/item_...#ixzz1WXUHKgzW
                    Thanks for educating me G. But like u said earlier it's
                    Annoying but still no way to treat ur pops

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                      I bet that fat tub of goo consumed three meals in that thirty minute period of watching the show.

Comment

Working...
                      X