Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Thanks for educating me G. But like u said earlier it's
    Annoying but still no way to treat ur pops
    We view this alike. I would never-never talk to my dad that way.

The problem with Senior is that he doesn't want some of the credit... he wants ALL of the credit.

For example: He didn't "build" Chad Dawson. But he wants credit for what Chad Dawson is today.

He built Mayweather Jr, but left PBF early. And he wants credit for what PBF is today.

Sooo, make up your damn mind. Which is it; What's more important? Teaching the guy early? Or guiding his career to the championship level

He's so damn hypocritical...and that is where PBF gets it from.?

Comment

I thought it was a great episode OVERALL, not just the damn fight at the end

I thought Ortiz story was very entertaining and emotional

Fans just need to sit back and ENJOY, not sure why some feel the need to "SOLVE MYSTERIES", you wait until the next show and see what will happen between Sr and Jr

people are trying to create all these little "THEORIES" and reason as to why Floyd Sr and Jr got into that argument

JUST KEEP WATCHING

lol I heard Jim Rome on the Radio talking about this argument today, so for those that said last week "THIS FIGHT DON'T HAVE MUCH BUZZ"...WELL THERE GOES THE BUZZ YOU WANTED! And that is just the 1st Episode!
      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 08-30-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post

lol I heard Jim Rome on the Radio talking about this argument today, so for those that said last week "THIS FIGHT DON'T HAVE MUCH BUZZ"...WELL THERE GOES THE BUZZ YOU WANTED! And that is just the 1st Episode!
        Hey man, where are you from? Why do you like Cuban fighters so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          I disagree. He said something to the effect of "watch what's coming to you" BEFORE the anger/hostility.

This is the same man who was asking to train Oscar to beat PBF...and then went into the ring post-fight and said "you got him" to Oscar.

I see people beatifying Senior because he went at it with Floyd.

I get it. the ******* philosophy is that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

It's funny to see many of the same midgets who were proclaiming Senior as the personification of evil are now siding with him because PBF disparaged Senior's fighting career.
          PBF is an *******, you don't destroy your father in front of your family and cameras.It was horrible to watch...And I don't like the Crackhead senior...

Floyd isn't **** without his father, his father gave him those reflexes training him early from 5 years old to 15.

Senior is right, as a father, he deserves more respect.

Comment

LLS people are so confused. You have people who say PBF is insecure, arrogant, has no home training, not a real man, a b!tch, f@ggot and many other things. Then they say that PBF owes Sr. respect cause he taught him how to box.

So what many of yall are saying is that Sr deserves respect for teaching PBF how to box but it doesn't matter that Sr didn't set a good example for his son to follow or teach him real life lessons according to yall since PBF is all of the above and more which many have said on numerous times.

So now its more important to teach your son how to box than it is to teach your son how to be a man! WOW yall need to get yall story straight. LLS too funny

Comment

A fight between friends on a stupid show like Jersey Shore is entertaining but a fight between father and son in front of so many people is disturbing.

Comment

...no, I just don't see it. 24/7 is always compelling in some way or another, perhaps more so to me; I find a way to enjoy any boxing footage - I can't turn on ESPN and catch it on SportsCenter, so it means more when I see an entire show dedicated to the build up of a fight. With that said, I didn't think this was a great episode. I enjoyed Victor's story, his team's story, and I knew we were going to see it because that's what they're supposed to do with character introductions (so that's cool, no problem). With Floyd, it was here and there. Maybe I've seen it enough times where I'm no longer entertained. I care nothing for 50 Cent eating ravioli, Floyd playing dominoes or the camera zoomed into Roger's face while Floyd hits the pads...that was pointless filler time. I still don't know why they barely showed any footage of Floyd training...I have some ideas...because it's 24/7 and that's what they do. Maybe they want to make it look like Victor's preparing more than Floyd is (to a viewer of lesser knowledge it could appear so). It's not uncommon for 24/7 to paint a less than truthful picture for obvious reasons (we've seen this plenty of times before). I've always had this gripe with 24/7 though, they spend too much time talking and showing taco bell, ice cream and old people sitting on a hill or something and less time showing training footage. This episode was about a 6/10, in my honest opinion. But in the end, I'm a fan of the sport, I'd watch a Clottey vs Mosley 24/7, and catch it every week like they're my favorite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                  ... I still don't know why they barely showed any footage of Floyd training...I have some ideas...because it's 24/7 and that's what they do. Maybe they want to make it look like Victor's preparing more than Floyd is (to a viewer of lesser knowledge it could appear so).
                  You are right, sir. That's the "hook" to this fight.

Look how hard Victor is working at the KnuckeHeadz gym in the back of the industrial park. Look how close-knit and loose Victor's camp is. Skateboards!

Look how distracted Floyd is. Glitzy, celebugym off the Vegas Strip. Court cases. "New" Lady. Intense family fights. Ravioli supervision.

They are painting a Rocky III storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    You are right, sir. That's the "hook" to this fight.

Look how hard Victor is working at the KnuckeHeadz gym in the back of the industrial park. Look how close-knit and loose Victor's camp is. Skateboards!

Look how distracted Floyd is. Glitzy, celebugym off the Vegas Strip. Court cases. "New" Lady. Intense family fights. Ravioli supervision.

They are painting a Rocky III storyline.
                    It is exactly like Rocky III, realistically speaking they should show Rocky III the entire month before the fight so people get it~

Comment

I felt incredibly uncomfortable watching that man. Floyd has probably lost a ton of fans just from those 5 minutes(good thing I am a fan of what he does in the ring not outside of it). I knew it made good television but the reality of the matter is it was pretty hard to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X