No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma-Gamboa Still Has Hope, Then Donaire-Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoneyLarry View Post
    Yuriorkis Gamboa and Juan Manuel Lopez should of happened already.
    Now that i think about it good thing it didnt happen cuz Juanma aint ready for Yuri and everyone saw it in the Salido fight and fights before that..Juanma has heart but he needs to work on hes technique like never before he is very flawed and has very bad Defence...Ecxiting fighter but very bad career and health wise but he should do good since he lost and now he has to learn otherwise he'll b just like Pwill running into left hands all night cuz he cant keep keep the right hand up and move hes head just cuz they rufused to fix the habbit..

Comment

Apparantly everyone is alreadty counting that Gamboa will beat Ponce de leon. It would be fun as hell if Ponce KO or UD Gamboa, then things would really get interesting in the division.

Another thing, Donaire has fought once at 118 and although he looked awesome I believe everyone on here claiming his the next big thing at higher weight are getting ahead of themselves. I like donaire but to asume he will clime to division and automatically become the man to beat is nieve.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        He's pretty big. I'm sure he can handle it. He should at least have acouple tune ups before he faces the top dogs of the division.
        im not sure bout that brother. sure hes tall, but i dont think hes as big as people claim him to be. if im not mistaken his fight night weight against montiel was 124, 126? but yeah if theyre putting him to 126 a couple of tuneups would do

Comment

Originally posted by vrodz View Post
          Apparantly everyone is alreadty counting that Gamboa will beat Ponce de leon. It would be fun as hell if Ponce KO or UD Gamboa, then things would really get interesting in the division.

Another thing, Donaire has fought once at 118 and although he looked awesome I believe everyone on here claiming his the next big thing at higher weight are getting ahead of themselves. I like donaire but to asume he will clime to division and automatically become the man to beat is nieve.
          Logical post. I admit that I, too, am looking past Ponce De Leon a little too much. I hope Yuri isn't.

Here's my rationale: While Ponce is a good fighter with solid skills and heavy hands, he's too slow and methodical to overcome Gamboa. Yuri is blazingly fast and hits very hard. (Frankly, I think Gamboa will KO Ponce De Leon.) Daniel's only chance, really, is to catch Gamboa with one big shot. Yuri has been down several times in his career, so it's possible. But Gamboa's never been hurt, so if Ponce is fortunate enough to land the big one, Yuri will (hopefully) get up and use his superior speed to win an easy decision. Of course, as you imply, things don't always go as everyone expects....

I agree in spirit with what you say about Donaire. I've already posted my thoughts on Nonito moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
            Yeah if he works on DEFENCE can i say...the guy needs to work on hes Defence so much its not even funny he keeps hes chin out begging u to hit him not once but in combinations...overall he is good but Defence is a must thank god he didnt face Yuri cuz that would b the end of Juanma's career...and i agree he should take this loss work on hes Defence train harder and come back..
            Agree 100%!!!!

Comment

gamboa most likley beats them all, the only one of those that may make it a fight is donaire but gamboa should be the favorite even there.too technical too strong too fast too aggressive guy just has too much for anyone near that weight class.

Comment

nevvver count the mexican underdog out! look at what happened to lemieux, juanna lopez and vasquez jr for ex. undefeated champions dethroned by men with many losses but hearts of warriors.

Comment

As much as I would like to see Gamboa vs JuanMa I don't think Lopez beats Salido Same result in the rematch.Bob waited to long to make it happen it would have been a better fight if Lopez Gamboa fought each other when they were both undefeated.

Comment

**** Juanma vs Gamboa. Too late for that. Let Juanma go to 130 and bring Donaire vs Gamboa. But bring it soon.

Comment

juanma took salido lightly and got whooped...but this time around, i expect juanma to bounce from that humiliating defeat...i knew salido will not last long as a champion because there's nothing special in him as a fighter...i think rafa marquez or bernabe concepcion can beat salido...

Comment

Working...
                      X