No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma-Gamboa Still Has Hope, Then Donaire-Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    yeah , nonito really looks like a beast right now but still we dont have a proof he'll carry his power and speed at higher weights...do you want to find that out vs a beast like gamboa?....thats taking too much unncessary risk right there...

remembr when concepcion was 5 lbs over at weigh in vs donaire?.....donare fought like **** there becuase he felt the power of the heavier guy , he boxed for the whole fight staying away from concepcion at all cost.....now, imagine if that was gamboa there......nonito aint no pacquaio bro, it's ridiculous to assume he can do what pac has done....
    True about Conception. Donaire would be bigger himself though if he moved up.
    Not sure that he he cant do what Pacs done TBH. Remembering Pacquiao has fought his fair share of fighters on their way down. Donaire destroyed Montiel and Darchinyan and is now being lined up to fight another beast. If he keeps going the way he is he may even eclipse Pac in terms of fighting guys at their peak.

I hear what youre saying about risking his first fight at the weight against Gamboa who is top dog. No doubt its a risk but thats what makes great fighters. I'm not sure a win over a bum would get him any better prepared for Gamboa. All it would do would show Yuri how he does at 126. He doesnt need to settle into the weight because if he isnt big enough he would rather lose in a superfight than lose to a bum in a warm up.

To reference Pac again its like when he moved up to fight Oscar at welter. Massive difference between washed up Oscar and prime Gamboa I know but the comparisson Im making is if Pac had a warm up at welter, the cat would have been out the bag and Oscar may have thought twice about fighting him if he knew how well he could perform at wleter. Pac knew he could do what he did pre fight so was confident going in. Donaires not stupid so if he takes the fight its because he knows he can win and he doesnt wana let the secret out by showing the world he can fight at that weight. Best to do it in his first fight at feather IMO but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
      True about Conception. Donaire would be bigger himself though if he moved up.
      Not sure that he he cant do what Pacs done TBH. Remembering Pacquiao has fought his fair share of fighters on their way down. Donaire destroyed Montiel and Darchinyan and is now being lined up to fight another beast. If he keeps going the way he is he may even eclipse Pac in terms of fighting guys at their peak.

I hear what youre saying about risking his first fight at the weight against Gamboa who is top dog. No doubt its a risk but thats what makes great fighters. I'm not sure a win over a bum would get him any better prepared for Gamboa. All it would do would show Yuri how he does at 126. He doesnt need to settle into the weight because if he isnt big enough he would rather lose in a superfight than lose to a bum in a warm up.

To reference Pac again its like when he moved up to fight Oscar at welter. Massive difference between washed up Oscar and prime Gamboa I know but the comparisson Im making is if Pac had a warm up at welter, the cat would have been out the bag and Oscar may have thought twice about fighting him if he knew how well he could perform at wleter. Pac knew he could do what he did pre fight so was confident going in. Donaires not stupid so if he takes the fight its because he knows he can win and he doesnt wana let the secret out by showing the world he can fight at that weight. Best to do it in his first fight at feather IMO but time will tell.
      i disagree...if he gets a tune up at 126, he'd get an accurate reading of his speed and power at that weigh instead of basing it all on confidence...fw power and bw power are way diffrent in general also so he'd get the feel of getting punch by bigger guys,.. .....but like you said , if he takes on gamboa right away, it's someting commendable thats for sure...but i would'nt count on him winning it...

Comment

Originally posted by JM.. View Post
        i really dont like the idea of putting nonito straight to 126
        people keep mentioning donaire vs gamboa. gamboa is fast unpredictable with heavy hands and thats 2 weight classes above he shouldnt just jump straight in with gamboa maybe test himself against someone in that division first

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          A combination of Lopez/Gamboa/Donaire/Garcia would be interesting
          I really like the sound of this. I'd be rooting for Yuri to come out on top of that heap, but the competition would make for some awesome match-ups!

Comment

Gamboa VS Lopez winner gets Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              Juanma is still the best in the division and will ko any1 gamboa is all hype look at his record it doesnt compare to juanma he had 1 bad nite with a corrupt ref and personal issues donaire will beat gamboa and ponce might beat gamboa hes a good technician now that can take that 0 he beat broner easy and got cheated
              lmao...listen to this d*ckrider. smh...

Comment

I'm tired of Juanma already. SKills are overated. Gamboa hopefully puts him and us out of our misery by knocking him out.

Comment

Theyre all talkin as if Ponce De Leon isnt in the equation no more.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                    Originally posted by puga View Post
                    i disagree...if he gets a tune up at 126, he'd get an accurate reading of his speed and power at that weigh instead of basing it all on confidence...fw power and bw power are way diffrent in general also so he'd get the feel of getting punch by bigger guys,.. .....but like you said , if he takes on gamboa right away, it's someting commendable thats for sure...but i would'nt count on him winning it...
                    Originally posted by boxingfan_123 View Post
                    people keep mentioning donaire vs gamboa. gamboa is fast unpredictable with heavy hands and thats 2 weight classes above he shouldnt just jump straight in with gamboa maybe test himself against someone in that division first
                    It's impossible to know what a fighter's highest effective weight is until he gets there. Featherweight may only be two classes above the weight Donaire's currently dominating, but who can be truly certain he'll carry his ability even into 122? At some point, Nonito's capabilities will start to diminish. Why not at featherweight?

In my opinion, Donaire ought to fight at least one bout at 122 against the top guy in that division. If successful, Nonito should then fight at least one match against a solid featherweight before considering a date with Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      He's pretty big. I'm sure he can handle it. He should at least have acouple tune ups before he faces the top dogs of the division.
                      Hes not that big. Dude was like 126 in his last fight while guys like Gamboa are like 140 on fight night lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X