Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, Floyd Sr. said something that HBO was not allowed to show......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
    True, but he only got what 30% of that?
    He got screwed by ODLH no doubt, but ODLH is also retired, and the only other active fighter that can generate those figures with him is Manny.
    Buck the point is floyd was worth 1 mil more than Tito. It wasn't just ODH.

Indolifer good point but its like this. 5 people buy Steelers jerseys to wear. 5 people buy Cowboys gear to wear. Another 10 people buy cowboys gear to burn. WHo makes more money, the rooney family or the jones family?

Group A Floyd, dallas cowboys, la lakers, ny yankees, notre dame football, duke hoops. Group B Manny, green bay packers, boston celtics, red sox, carolina hoops.

Group B needs group A. Group A doesn't need group B. No diss to any team or person in group B.

Comment

• If Sr. indeed said something that HBO cut out, then we wont see him on 24/7 anymore. Sr. is not known for holding his tongue, so if he said it once he'll say it again.

I love all the jumping to conclusions as to what he said.

Comment

If Floyd fights Martinez, he wouldn't do more than whatever PPV (my guess is 1.2-1.4m) buys he'll get from fighting Ortiz.
        Ortiz = Martinez when it comes to popularity, which is low... Both haven't fought PPV before either.

Floyd's only other career high PPV is with Mosley (1.4m), who fought ODLH twice.
        True but I think floyd in a "close" matchup would receive more favorable push from the usual mainstream haters but you could be right.

Comment

• Sr probably told him that he's not even his real father. Maybe roger and Sr tag teamed it and they dont know who da fadda.

Maury! Maury!

Springer Springer

Comment

• Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
            so all *******s are pinoy? is that what your trying to say? if thats the case then manny should be making the least in everything because pinoys are poor and is from a 3rd world country so we wouldnt have money to buy for any of manny's fight lol.. and please read throughly next time before making yourself look like a fool. im saying for a guy that doesnt even live in this country and speaks very lil english he's doing pretty damm good. that was my reply to the other member who said manny cant sell for ***** and that floyd beats him everytime on ppv numbers.
            What are you trying to say? All the Filipinos here that I know make high end wedges and are well above middle class. Especially here in San Francisco there are tons of them. All of them order Pacquiao fights.

Comment

i could of swear i hear floyd or roger or sr mention manny's name everytime in an interview even when manny is not on the subject they still say his name. i never hear manny speak about floyd when he's not asked about floyd so i dont know what your saying about how floyd doesnt need to speak on manny to sell his fights. of course theres nothing wrong being #2, thats why i said i'll be happy to be where manny is at right now and thats why i said who cares about ppv numbers.
              Indolifer come on dude. Every interviewer from HBO to ESPN, to the boxing mags ask floyd about manny every time they interview him. Floyd taking shots at manny (there are 4 ways to beat pacquio) in face off is hardly using his name for reference when MAx Kellerman starts by saying , "floyd its a big fight, not manny pacquio..."

Also if you were a media member whats a better get, manny saying talk to my promoter or floyd?

Comment

so all *******s are pinoy? is that what your trying to say? if thats the case then manny should be making the least in everything because pinoys are poor and is from a 3rd world country so we wouldnt have money to buy for any of manny's fight lol.. and please read throughly next time before making yourself look like a fool. im saying for a guy that doesnt even live in this country and speaks very lil english he's doing pretty damm good. that was my reply to the other member who said manny cant sell for ***** and that floyd beats him everytime on ppv numbers.
                I would say yes the majority are. Mainly because its the same 3 pinoys with like 30 alts each..

You dont have to have money to buy ppv either idiot. You have to have money to pay the bill...

Lots of people are doing good that live in other countries. I dont get what your point is there... Who said he was doing bad?

Comment

I actually felt that this 24/7 avoided referencing Pacquiao at all... Unlike the Mosley fight where every other word was a Pacquiao reference.

No word of OST, and I swear when Floyd was talking about his court cases he'll bring up the Pacquiao defamation suit... nothing, nada.
                  There is new management at HBO that likely told both these mutha****as either fight or the money gets less and less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    Indolifer come on dude. Every interviewer from HBO to ESPN, to the boxing mags ask floyd about manny every time they interview him. Floyd taking shots at manny (there are 4 ways to beat pacquio) in face off is hardly using his name for reference when MAx Kellerman starts by saying , "floyd its a big fight, not manny pacquio..."

Also if you were a media member whats a better get, manny saying talk to my promoter or floyd?
                    come on now, theres countless times when floyd goes on video and brings up manny's name. im not saying reporters and interviewers and such never ask floyd about manny because they do, what im saying is that floyd mention manny's name more than manny talks about floyd. when do u ever hear manny bring up floyds name if the interviewer is not asking about it? never.

thats all im saying because u make it seem like manny speak about floyd everytime when the truth is its the other way around. in all honesty both of these guys doesnt need to bring the other guys name in to sell their fight, im only replying to u about this regarding what u mention on your earlier post about how floyd doesnt need to bring mannys name to sell his fight but manny have to bring floyds name to sell his.

Comment

• Originally posted by PacFansAreBakla View Post
                      I would say yes the majority are. Mainly because its the same 3 pinoys with like 30 alts each..

You dont have to have money to buy ppv either idiot. You have to have money to pay the bill...

Lots of people are doing good that live in other countries. I dont get what your point is there... Who said he was doing bad?
                      so if u dont have money to pay the bills how are u gonna order a fight? idiot! lol.. i know a lot of people is doing good that lives in another country. my reply is for the guy who said floyd outsell manny everytime so i said for a guy that is from a 3rd world country he is not doing bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X