Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, Floyd Sr. said something that HBO was not allowed to show......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
    Other than the ODLH fight doing 2.4m, which is clearly due to Oscar, Manny have been nipping at Floyd's heel when it comes to PPV buys.

For a non-american, from a third world country, to achieve that is simply remarkable.

Someone posted it before, not counting the ODLH fight for both and tallying up their career PPV buys, I think Manny sold more since he fought more.
    thats exactly what im saying, i'll be happy to be in manny's situation right now and i know everyone on here would be too. i could careless if floyd is selling more ppv than manny. manny aint doing bad, he's still cashing in on everything he's involved in so why hate?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      If so then ODH should have done 2.4 mil with Tito or Chavez or BHop or Gatti. So I'm guessing floyd contributed somehow. Slightly more than 1 mil more people purchased ODh/floyd than ODH/Tito. Gotta give credit where its due.
      True, but he only got what 30% of that?
      He got screwed by ODLH no doubt, but ODLH is also retired, and the only other active fighter that can generate those figures with him is Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
        I think the point that is being argued, is that Floyd doesn't need Manny to sell another 1-1.5 million PPV.
        But he needs Manny if he wants to sell another 2.4 million PPV, AND take a bigger piece of the pie.
        If floyd wants to break his record yes he can only do it with manny. But I'm sure if floyd fought Sergio Martinez next he could exceed 1.5 mil. The point is referencing manny in no way helps floyd sell anything.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
          Manny will never outsell Floyd, so what? Manny is not even from this country, speaks very lil English, I think he's doing great for who he is and where he came from. Name another athlete from any sports that is from another country that is getting as much play as manny. I swear u *****s get so wet over ppv numbers and sales it's like this is the only thing u guys have left to talk about when debating about floyd vs pac.
          WTF does is matter where he is from you stupid *****.

Most people that watch boxing watch it for boxing. We dont give a **** where a fighter is from if hes good.

You *******s on the other hand only give a **** because of pacs race. He would be just another blip on the radar if he was white black or mexican. Think about it stupid.

Comment

If so then ODH should have done 2.4 mil with Tito or Chavez or BHop or Gatti. So I'm guessing floyd contributed somehow. Slightly more than 1 mil more people purchased ODh/floyd than ODH/Tito. Gotta give credit where its due.
            they both helped eachother out on that. if it werent for oscar then floyd wouldnt reach those numbers and vice versa. u gotta remember theres a lot of people that buy to see floyd fight, not everyone that buys it is a fan of floyd. a lot of people buy it to see if this is gonna be the first time floyd will lose. u can denied it all u want and say thats bs and that its all from fans of floyd but deep down inside u know what im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
              thats exactly what im saying, i'll be happy to be in manny's situation right now and i know everyone on here would be too. i could careless if floyd is selling more ppv than manny. manny aint doing bad, he's still cashing in on everything he's involved in so why hate?
              Where is there ANY shred of hate in any post I made in this thread? I simply stated floyd is the larger draw and therfore doesn't need to reference Manny's name to sell fights as another posted suggested he did.

Manny is the 2nd biggest attraction in boxing. Thats the honest to god truth and it shouldn't bother you that much. There is nothing wrong with being #2 to floyd.

Comment

If floyd wants to break his record yes he can only do it with manny. But I'm sure if floyd fought Sergio Martinez next he could exceed 1.5 mil. The point is referencing manny in no way helps floyd sell anything.
                If Floyd fights Martinez, he wouldn't do more than whatever PPV (my guess is 1.2-1.4m) buys he'll get from fighting Ortiz.
                Ortiz = Martinez when it comes to popularity, which is low... Both haven't fought PPV before either.

Floyd's only other career high PPV is with Mosley (1.4m), who fought ODLH twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PacFansAreBakla View Post
                  WTF does is matter where he is from you stupid *****.

Most people that watch boxing watch it for boxing. We dont give a **** where a fighter is from if hes good.

You *******s on the other hand only give a **** because of pacs race. He would be just another blip on the radar if he was white black or mexican. Think about it stupid.
                  so all *******s are pinoy? is that what your trying to say? if thats the case then manny should be making the least in everything because pinoys are poor and is from a 3rd world country so we wouldnt have money to buy for any of manny's fight lol.. and please read throughly next time before making yourself look like a fool. im saying for a guy that doesnt even live in this country and speaks very lil english he's doing pretty damm good. that was my reply to the other member who said manny cant sell for ***** and that floyd beats him everytime on ppv numbers.

Comment

Where is there ANY shred of hate in any post I made in this thread? I simply stated floyd is the larger draw and therfore doesn't need to reference Manny's name to sell fights as another posted suggested he did.

Manny is the 2nd biggest attraction in boxing. Thats the honest to god truth and it shouldn't bother you that much. There is nothing wrong with being #2 to floyd.
                    I actually felt that this 24/7 avoided referencing Pacquiao at all... Unlike the Mosley fight where every other word was a Pacquiao reference.

No word of OST, and I swear when Floyd was talking about his court cases he'll bring up the Pacquiao defamation suit... nothing, nada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

i could of swear i hear floyd or roger or sr mention manny's name everytime in an interview even when manny is not on the subject they still say his name. i never hear manny speak about floyd when he's not asked about floyd so i dont know what your saying about how floyd doesnt need to speak on manny to sell his fights. of course theres nothing wrong being #2, thats why i said i'll be happy to be where manny is at right now and thats why i said who cares about ppv numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X