Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, Floyd Sr. said something that HBO was not allowed to show......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
    Or something that will affect HBO's future income. Let us not forget that they make $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in every floyd fight.

It could also be something that could affect HBO's reputation.

There was also a suggestion that it is possible Sr was saying something about Floyd didn't win the Mosley fight.

Eventually, the truth will come out. It is so hard to put a lid on this kind of stuff specially if there were a lot of people who overheard the exchanges between sr and jr.
    "Floyds gay" thats the only info if goes out will affect his ppv sales

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Tat give it up man. Manny never has and probably never will outsell floyd. Hate or love floyd his numbers can't be questioned.
      It's clear you missed the whole point.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
        It's clear you missed the whole point.
        No I didn't. They don't use manny nor need to use his name to promote is fights. Manny just isn't that big.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          Ellie was right about the whole conflict, but i think he made up the Pacquiao quote part on his own though. Unless it was media day, Ellie doesn't have any access in Floyd's camp. He probably asked few people who were at the gym about the situation, and then somehow added Manny's name in the mix just to create his own agenda like any typical ******* would.

you enjoy sucking Floyd's d1ck....

Comment

Tat give it up man. Manny never has and probably never will outsell floyd. Hate or love floyd his numbers can't be questioned.
            Manny will never outsell Floyd, so what? Manny is not even from this country, speaks very lil English, I think he's doing great for who he is and where he came from. Name another athlete from any sports that is from another country that is getting as much play as manny. I swear u *****s get so wet over ppv numbers and sales it's like this is the only thing u guys have left to talk about when debating about floyd vs pac.

Comment

No I didn't. They don't use manny nor need to use his name to promote is fights. Manny just isn't that big.
              You still did not.
              If Floyd admitted that he will not fight Pac, you can bet that his fight with Ortiz will no longer have much of an appeal to a lot of fans.
              The reason he made a comeback was to eventually face Pacquiao. If that is no longer possible, why continue fighting unmatched opponents? He can only fool the fans up to a certain extent. Once it becomes obvious that he won't take any real challenge, his marketability goes down the drain, and HBO probably realizes this.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                Manny will never outsell Floyd, so what? Manny is not even from this country, speaks very lil English, I think he's doing great for who he is and where he came from. Name another athlete from any sports that is from another country that is getting as much play as manny. I swear u *****s get so wet over ppv numbers and sales it's like this is the only thing u guys have left to talk about when debating about floyd vs pac.
                Other than the ODLH fight doing 2.4m, which is clearly due to Oscar, Manny have been nipping at Floyd's heel when it comes to PPV buys.

For a non-american, from a third world country, to achieve that is simply remarkable.

Someone posted it before, not counting the ODLH fight for both and tallying up their career PPV buys, I think Manny sold more since he fought more.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
                  You still did not.
                  If Floyd admitted that he will not fight Pac, you can bet that his fight with Ortiz will no longer have much of an appeal to a lot of fans.
                  The reason he made a comeback was to eventually face Pacquiao. If that is no longer possible, why continue fighting unmatched opponents? He can only fool the fans up to a certain extent. Once it becomes obvious that he won't take any real challenge, his marketability goes down the drain, and HBO probably realizes this.
                  What if he fights Martinez next? Your post makes no sense because floyd (and HBO) don't need Manny to sell fights. You are suggesting people buy floyds fights because a manny fight looms. Like I said manny just isn't that big.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Big Dunn

I never mentioned ppv numbers. Yes manny does do exceptionally well for a foreign athlete. But since he doesn't sell or gross as much as floyd the notion that floyd uses manny's name to sell fights is ridiculous. Manny moves the needle for other fighters, not floyd. Of course you'd know the context if you read the othe posts and didn't just respond because you hate the fact floyd outsells your god.

Comment

What if he fights Martinez next? Your post makes no sense because floyd (and HBO) don't need Manny to sell fights. You are suggesting people buy floyds fights because a manny fight looms. Like I said manny just isn't that big.

I never mentioned ppv numbers. Yes manny does do exceptionally well for a foreign athlete. But since he doesn't sell or gross as much as floyd the notion that floyd uses manny's name to sell fights is ridiculous. Manny moves the needle for other fighters, not floyd. Of course you'd know the context if you read the othe posts and didn't just respond because you hate the fact floyd outsells your god.
                    I think the point that is being argued, is that Floyd doesn't need Manny to sell another 1-1.5 million PPV.
                    But he needs Manny if he wants to sell another 2.4 million PPV, AND take a bigger piece of the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
                      Other than the ODLH fight doing 2.4m, which is clearly due to Oscar, Manny have been nipping at Floyd's heel when it comes to PPV buys.

For a non-american, from a third world country, to achieve that is simply remarkable.

Someone posted it before, not counting the ODLH fight for both and tallying up their career PPV buys, I think Manny sold more since he fought more.
                      If so then ODH should have done 2.4 mil with Tito or Chavez or BHop or Gatti. So I'm guessing floyd contributed somehow. Slightly more than 1 mil more people purchased ODh/floyd than ODH/Tito. Gotta give credit where its due.

Comment

Working...
                      X