Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willie Pep and the 5 Greatest Defensive Fighters of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Mr. B Hop willie pep can't be anywhere close to top 10 on any list

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      Come on now Mr. Goebbels, I'm sure you you can think of something better.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        Did he actually say something like this?

This feels like a troll-job, but I'm too mentally drained to accurately pick up on it.

Comment

Joshua Clottey is clearly the best defensive fighter in the history of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            Joshua Clottey is clearly the best defensive fighter in the history of boxing.
            Absolutely.

Clottey's defense is so great it petrified almost every fighter of the mid to late 90's and the entire 00-09 decade into notoriously ducking him.

Which lead to him getting the nickname 'The most feared man on the planet'

So I agree.

Comment

Wright should be up there somewhere, his defense was damn near unbreakable in his prime. Nothing flashy, but it got the work done.

Comment

Benitez was a beast with Rolling punches. He could take the sting out of almost any punch. Whitaker was just inhuman. When he did it, it looked like a video game. One of my favorite boxing moments was when de la hoya threw like a 10 punce combination at Whitaker and coulnd't hit him once. The only thing he could do is smile.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Ali was great and Im not trying to put him down, but I just can't see a place for him in the top 10.
                  Ali got hit hard quite a bit. I'd say he ranks higher on the great chin list than defense.
                  Originally posted by WILL2WIN View Post
                  Ricardo El Finito Lopez is the best defensive little man in the sport ever. Retired undefeated with a record of 51 wins,O losses,1 draw and 38 ko's. He defended his straw weight title sucessfully 21 times! He also won a flyweight championship,and defended it twice b4 retiring. He always found a way to win and his defense was almost seamless. I could put him anywhere in the top 5 of your list :P

He is one of only like 3 boxers i think to have ever retired undefeated btw
                  Lopez's defense was his offense so its hard to give him a nod over any of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    Ali got hit hard quite a bit. I'd say he ranks higher on the great chin list than defense..
                    I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      Ali got hit hard quite a bit. I'd say he ranks higher on the great chin list than defense.
                      Lopez's defense was his offense so its hard to give him a nod over any of those guys.
                      Well u may be right but he has to be up there somewhere,like i say greatest defensive little man ever,his record speaks for itself,i think he never turned pro til 20 had 52 fights,21 sucessful title defenses and retired undefeated! What more do you want?

Comment

Working...
                      X