Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas "Povetkin is HW champion of the world" - agree or disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a belt so I'm sure he's happy. So what happens now if he fights the 'super' champion Wlad and loses his belt - is Wlad elevated to 'super, super' champion?

Total bull**** really.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
      He has a belt so I'm sure he's happy. So what happens now if he fights the 'super' champion Wlad and loses his belt - is Wlad elevated to 'super, super' champion?

Total bull**** really.
      Wladimir already Beat Chagaev (who was wba champ at time) then Haye (who was WBA champ at time). now he must beat Povetkin LOL.

I dont know how Povetkin can seriously Believe he is a world champion.
      In that Case Oliver Mccall Will Be world Champion when he beats Bert Cooper for the IBU heavyweight belt....its all BS and really put me off boxing.

Was amazing how the whole european crowd now see povetkin as legitimate champion

Only trinket he has is his HOT GIRLFRIEND

Comment

Hey Teddy Atlas voted for himself in this poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          If Povetkin ever fought Wlad, how would they introduce them?

Would it be called a Unification Fight?

Regular Champ vs Super Champ. Or do they just ignore his Regular WBA status altogether, during the introductions, and introduce him as a challenger?
          i believe the regular belt is/has to be vacated in unification fights. whoever wins then becomes a super champ.
          povetkin is a nobody in my book until he mans up and fights wlad. wba regular is just a paper title used to suck away more sanctioning fees.

Comment

ridiculous.

Comment

No hes not a legit champ but he is a top contender. I dont get all this hate for Povetkin just because Atlas trains him. He fought a solid hw in Chagaev and won clearly, whats the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                No hes not a legit champ but he is a top contender. I dont get all this hate for Povetkin just because Atlas trains him. He fought a solid hw in Chagaev and won clearly, whats the problem?

problem is both he and atlas claim to be heavyweight champion of the world.

Comment

Winning that belt doesn't mean anything, but I don't regard it as anything lesser than the other world titles people have.

Like someone once said "they're ALL paper titles".

Haye was regarded as a legit champ by most, but he only got the belt because Chagaev was wrongfully stripped. Really, Wlad-Chag should've been a unification.

Most of the belts that most champions have are not really worth anything, you can only attach value to a fighter based upon who he beats.

Comment

He is not a champion of any sort and is still in the same position he was in 2 years ago as Wlad's mando. With how competitive, how easily he was hit, and how Chag seemed to stun him every time he landed solid I suspect Povetkin will continue to duck his opportunity to be the real world HW champion.

Comment

Povetkin beat a good fighter to get the paper-belt but no belt should have been on line for that felt since isn't that technically Wlad's belt the wba stole from Wlad?

Comment

Working...
                      X