Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd versus Jmm highlights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an excellent performance. but, not an excellent win.

I wouldve liked to see the fight at 130 or 135lbs, at that weight Marquez's pucnhes would have actually had some sort of effect on Floyd. Not that he would have won, Marquez always struggled agaisnt movers and defensive fighters and would have very little chance of winning, but it would have been a better fight.

Marquez looked so sluggish at 147, and his punches really just didnt have enough strength to hurt welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      soooooooooo why mention weight when it played no part in the fight
      You are quite silly and can see me at the green box if you really think that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Exactly. The truth is JMM loses to floyd EVERY time they fight, no matter the weight. At the end of the day Pac fans/floyd haters will never admit this.
        I hate to admit it Dunn homie, cause I'm a JMM fan just as I'm a fan of Floyd. But it was just beautiful watching that pure exhibition of Boxing Skills. It didnt matter where they were in the ring, I honestly think Floyd coulda fought the exact same fight in a phone booth bruh, he owned every inch of real-estate within those ropes that evening, weither on the ropes, or in the center of the ring. And THAT was shaking off ring rust homie. Just WOW!!!!!!

Comment

The whole fight is still posted on the official HBO Sports youtube account

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
            an excellent performance. but, not an excellent win.

I wouldve liked to see the fight at 130 or 135lbs, at that weight Marquez's pucnhes would have actually had some sort of effect on Floyd. Not that he would have won, Marquez always struggled agaisnt movers and defensive fighters and would have very little chance of winning, but it would have been a better fight.

Marquez looked so sluggish at 147, and his punches really just didnt have enough strength to hurt welterweights.
            Steak this post is spot on. If its at 130 or 135, 175 or 105 floyd still has the speed advantage, reach advantage, and his ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
              I usually stay in a Monaco Suite at the Monte Carlo. That Fatburger right across the street is my move!!
              I was in it at about 4AM night of ODH/Bhop and Tyson came in. Cooks in the back just stopped.

Comment

trips me out how people think floyd has no legs when he used them in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  As a HUGE JMM fan, it hurts me to watch that.
                  Same here. Like it or not, the truth is that it was a beautiful performance and that cannot be taken from him. It is also not the only masterful performance by Mayweather, so its not like it was a special occasion on weight and height advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    You are quite silly and can see me at the green box if you really think that.
                    lmfao.................

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                      I hate to admit it Dunn homie, cause I'm a JMM fan just as I'm a fan of Floyd. But it was just beautiful watching that pure exhibition of Boxing Skills. It didnt matter where they were in the ring, I honestly think Floyd coulda fought the exact same fight in a phone booth bruh, he owned every inch of real-estate within those ropes that evening, weither on the ropes, or in the center of the ring. And THAT was shaking off ring rust homie. Just WOW!!!!!!
                      More power to you and Gino Ros. Yall know I hate RJJ. James Toney is my dude right up there with Hagler and Floyd. I haven't come to grips with it yet but my guess is RJJ is to James Toney what floyd is to JMM. Any weight anytime, Rjj wins.

I'm going to throw up now!

Comment

Working...
                      X