Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does NATIONALITY influence you rooting for a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

I'm Puerto Rican and hated Camacho.
    Trust me, you ain't the only one lol

Comment

Im from germany bot other than Abraham im not a fan of any german boxers.
      I like boxers from all nationalities if they are real fighters, exciting and big punchers. One nationality i dont like at all is french!! But im glad that there are not much good french fighters around.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaowa View Post
        Trust me, you ain't the only one lol
        sure aint..........

Comment

LMAO, hilarious that there's only one other Filipino in this thread. Nakakahiya kayo mga kababayan, obvious na obvious na sa tite lang ni Manny kayo nasasarapan LMAO

Anway, I'm a big Manny and Donaire fan, but I enjoy seeing Filipino boxers get brutalized, esp if they're way overhyped here and in Pacland. Ponce DeLeon's midget b!tch and Gesta perfectly fits the mold. So in a way, extreme, fanboyish nationalism makes me root against a boxer.

My favorite boxers tend to be Latinos like Mares, Rios, and, Martinez, and action-oriented Europeans like Froch and Kessler. Americans just tend to have a way-too-cautious style for me, but I like Bradley and Ward a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by caguioaness View Post
            LMAO, hilarious that there's only one other Filipino in this thread. Nakakahiya kayo mga kababayan, obvious na obvious na sa tite lang ni Manny kayo nasasarapan LMAO

Anway, I'm a big Manny and Donaire fan, but I enjoy seeing Filipino boxers get brutalized, esp if they're way overhyped here and in Pacland. Ponce DeLeon's midget b!tch and Gesta perfectly fits the mold. So in a way, extreme, fanboyish nationalism makes me root against a boxer.

My favorite boxers tend to be Latinos like Mares, Rios, and, Martinez, and action-oriented Europeans like Froch and Kessler. Americans just tend to have a way-too-cautious style for me, but I like Bradley and Ward a lot.

Translation??????????

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

I'm Puerto Rican and hated Camacho. I was also rooting for De La Hoya over Trinidad. Liked both guys, but was a bigger fan of Oscars.

It's normal though to favor your own nationality. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's the same as favoring a Football team based on where you were born or are currently living. The same type of Pride applies. Just go to a Yankees vs Red Sox game.
              your Puerto Rican???? I never knew that..

Comment

I like the Slick Black American Style, so nationality does come in for me.

Comment

Makes absolutely no difference to me.

If I like a fighter I like a fighter. Where they're from means absolutely nothing.

Comment

It doesn't affect me at all but for some fans it's important.

Look at some of my favorite fighters for example bearing in mind that I'm British.

Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson, Timothy Bradley are all American.

I'm also a big fan of Juan Manuel Marquez who is Mexican and Miguel Cotto who is Puerto Rican.

All different nationalities from me and it doesn't matter. I like them for their boxing styles, personalities,etc.

I actually don't have a favorite fighter from the UK. There are fighters from the UK i like ( Hatton, Calzaghe, Lewis,etc) but I'm not big fans of them.

Comment

I will always root for the Welsh boxer because they are mainly from the same area as I live.

Good to see locals do well.

I like many British boxers too even if they aren't my favourites

Comment

Working...
                      X